Fused ground glass.

yeh mate, don't pull, some advice aussiemadeglass gave me, only twist the stem, pulling it too hard may break. Just twist twist twist!!!!! also heating it up a bit will allow the glass to expand a bit, so if twisting doesnt work, heat it up a bit then twist!!!

This usually happens when water gets trapped between the slides male joint and the downstems female joint

Best of luck mate

yeh mate, don't pull, some advice aussiemadeglass gave me, only twist the stem, pulling it too hard may break. Just twist twist twist!!!!! also heating it up a bit will allow the glass to expand a bit, so if twisting doesnt work, heat it up a bit then twist!!!

This usually happens when water gets trapped between the slides male joint and the downstems female joint

Best of luck mate

Cheers Frank, yeah I read a few accounts of this and more ppl tend to smash the thing than have any success at pulling them apart so I left it on the window-sill until all the water evaporated off the ground joint took a day or two, then with a slight twist the thing came

apart.

So the solution is the same damn lesson the plant has been teaching all along, patience... and lemme tell ya Im over it - when then hell does the patience start its been a while now ...

try waiting patiently when ya want a cone and your downstem wont cooperate, stuff that hey... so I order several replacemnet stems:-

1. 14/18 Alex K showerhead downstem

2. 18/18 Alex K showerhead downstem

3. funnel bowl 18mm I couldnt find a funnel for the 14mm maybe next order

cool canna, got an alex k showerhead stem, top notch cant go wrong!!! If you dont have one already, id highly recommend a disc diffused slide, won't regret the purchase!!!

JJ - i wouldnt bother, my stems have gotten stuck a few times in lets say the 2 years ive been owning glass. as canna said just takes patience, and never pull twist !!!!!! I've never had a stem stuck forever in tubes!

• Upvote 1

So that joint wax stuff of what ever they call it must work or be required atleast.

Atleast I know to exercise extreem caution if that ever happenes to me.

Oh yeah I left that off the list, yeah I bought a stick of that. I wash the bong many times during a smoke. I like to taste every toke- Im shopping for an ash catcher; Mobius were sold out! this order

cool canna, got an alex k showerhead stem, top notch cant go wrong!!! If you dont have one already, id highly recommend a disc diffused slide, won't regret the purchase!!!

JJ - i wouldnt bother, my stems have gotten stuck a few times in lets say the 2 years ive been owning glass. as canna said just takes patience, and never pull twist !!!!!! I've never had a stem stuck forever in tubes!

Cheers for teh advice Frank, I saw those they looked 1. Hard to clean maybe 2. A little to small Im a mull pig and I like to flame up a good sized bowl.

but if you think they might satisfy, was looking at a B.Wilson 18mm pulled it off the order at the last minute lol. I thought it woould be too pokey...

Yeh well worth it, I got a L . wilson aka leisure slide, b. wisons brother afaik. it is very deceiving, looks like it cant hold a lot, but it can trust me. Also due to the screen at the bottem really allows you to burn all of the weed in the cone get most smoke out of it. same level of difficulty in regards to cleaning as normal slides.

As for ash catchers, I bought a MGW cirq ash catcher around $100 really worth it, last time i check aqualabs were stocked up, if they were out they will re stock in a short time. Cheap, but good quality!!! and I would go for a cirq ash catcher arther than a tree one less drag.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Frankie & Canna.

I cleaned my new bong the otherday and it was a dream. I could get a bottle brush into every corner. The slide and bowl just went into the dishwasher and came up spotless. Real happy with that.

Real happy with the diffuser it came with too, I will keep using it for a while but will hafta buy an ashie for it. Gotta add a little colour and flair hey. Gotta dedicate a whole day to scoping it out.

Edited by El Gato

Hey mate, if ya got all glass pieces, i would personally not put em in the dishwasher. I use iso ( a lot of people use metho instead) in a little baggy dash of hot water shake shake shake, i use ear bud things and boom clean. Main thing is to keep on top of regular cleaning or else it gets harder and harder to clean the longer you leave it.