Sex Drugs And Knuckledusters.

by Max Dunk

This was one of the funniest books I've ever read. From a very gritty opening paragraph in which an injection is stuffed up leaving a broken needle it lightens considerably but is still full on. It centers around Perth night club bouncers all on steroids who get into all sorts of shit. From a fight at the Mr Australia contest with blokes the size of dinosaurs to crazed bikies. At one point our heroe a bloke named Jason steals his Bull Terrier Max back from a dog fighting ring. He and Max are trying to outpace the entire gang of knife wielding leather jacketed bikies and reach his mates panel van in time to escape. He knows he isn't running fast enough because he can hear the words 'Cunt' and 'Kill' getting increasingly louder. This is top notch Australian drama comedy.

Every fuckin one of them. He's my favourite australian Awther. I'm pissed he never got that movie deal done for Davo's lil somthin. He arranged the script but I haven't heard anything about it getting anywhere. Bloody shame. That was a great story. If it had become a successful flick he would have tried a Les Norton. Wouldn't that have been the grouse! Sex, Drugs and Knucledusters is a similar sort of story to Barretts style. A similar sort of bloke wrote it too. Max Dunk is an ex bouncer himself. I saw him on the ABC and he's got a neck like a gorilla. He could be the next Barrett if he keeps churning them out. I think Barrett would be even more famous if he wrote more than one novel a year but he likes to pace himself and not burn out.

yeah man, barret is the shit. his latsest books are a bit lacking in substance ( if the first ones had any, hahahha), I guess they just kinda follow the same plots, but they are fucking funny, and a good read regardless.

Davo's little something is my fav as well, revenge is fucking sweet dude. hahahaha, hows when davo takes on the martial arts school?

All the best soldiers are fuckin psychopaths for sure. In peacetime we lock them up but when a big war comes our way we give them medals for doing what they enjoy. I read in the paper that a lot of work bosses are psychopaths. How's that! They exhibit all the charactoristics. Ambitious, ruthless, no concience, happy to steal others ideas, prepared to step on people, quick to lose their temper, never apologetic blah blah blah. I think I've worked for a few psycho's myself.

That book got me more serious about my training. The change in him was scary. He went from a fat butcher to lean hard killing machine. I was really rooting for him. I hate skinheads. Where I grew up we used to beat the crap out of them. I wouldn't wish that guy on my worst enemy. Check out what he did to that last guy he was looking for so long. Left him nothing but a vegetable. I was disapointed about the ending but I couldn't think of a better one. I suppose it suited the grim nature of the tale.