Best movies to watch while high :)

Les Misérables (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/

I watched this last night BLAZZZZED, and I recommend it should be compulsory to watch this blazzed,

No matter how blazed I got last night this movie wasnt going to be watched all the way though just couldn't do it.

DUNE is a good one. It helps if you have read the book first.

Absolutely!

I'm about to watch The Holy Mountain which is supposed to be a trip within its own, Just need to make sure I am high enough lol I shall report back and let you know if it is worth it, looks just weird.

Im sure these have been said but: Natural Born Killers, Dazed and Confused, Fear and Loathing, How High, Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

I Just love kung fu movies when I am high, Nothing compares for me especially when your high. For some of the more recent ones people would enjoy:

The Raid: Redemption (This was nothing short of crazy, My jaw was dropped whilst watching this), Merantau, Raging Phoenix, Ip Man 1,2, Wu Xia, Reign of Assassins, True Legend and I watched the Chinese Zodiac with Jackie Chan last night which had me laughing at some silly shit lol

Really? Victor Hugo wrote the romance against tha back drop of revolutionary France and the final revolt against the monachy... I can't see how such an quintessentially French production could be better translated into an English theme... anywhat, movies...

Can't say I have seen anything that I would call good for a while, i've got halfway through a few movies recently.

Flight (2012), starts out well but the plot seems to die after the plane crashes... worth watching until the plane goes down. For plane crash plots, The Grey (2011) is much better viewing.

The le Carre hack, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)... and it is a shlepped down hack of le Carre original... but it has to be to get it to work on the screen. Not for watching ripped, you'll need to concentrate to keep up with what is happening because the film, like the novel, stepping stones backwards and forwards through time. ATM I am halfway through and engaged enough to watch the rest of it when I have the concentration.

The Hobbit... what can I say? Ummm, crappy, HBO do better cg... and the character makeup... was so disconcerting I found it hard to suspend disbelief to engage with the plot. For the money spent, I would have expected more than floppy foam extentions on the hobbit's feet. Yeah, I'm half way through and don't think I will bother watching any further.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011) I read the book years ago 4/10 also I'm sure it's been a movie before I rated poorly, like many it's the translation form the page to the screen that seems to fail...bigtime, and the translation from stage to screen for the Misérables content was great form, atrocious ..still if that can be done then Aussie Opera should have done a ripp?Plane Crashes !! I have had a few, but on screen the very own and original The Flight of the Phoenix 1965 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059183/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) you can't beat, I just love all that grown men bitch'in ...lolThe Grey for me was rubbish, I used to hunt wolves when I was a kid, and still bear the scars, a recent politician has put a bounty on local canines savaging flocks of livestock, google it!I do share with you that many movies burn out halfway thru or so, in the past I thought that my buzz just wore off, now I'm convinced the movie / story just lost direction.Best """FUN"" movie for me for the last 2-3 years has got to be John Carter (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) although I totally dislike the totally mis casted Taylor Kitsch for his lack of MOJO and his ability to act, he earned his reprieve in the underrated Savages http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615065/THAT SHOULD BE COMPULSORY VIEWING FOR ALL OZ MEMBERS although I'd give it a 3/10 only cause it shot to close to home "V"

"and the translation from stage to screen for the Misérables content was great form..."

It wasn't translated from stage to screen, it was originally a novel, a French historical romance published in the early 1860's. It has been remade as radio, televison, two movies and a 'pop' opera.

Having now sampled the latest re-creation of Hugo's masterpiece... I prefer the version that has Gerard Depardieu as Jean Valjean.

Sorry have to disagree on this on Mullholland Drive - Directed by David Lynch.

That made my list of all time worst movies. As a matter of fact the entire lounroom, erupted with spontaneous utterances.

ALL bad. Thing like

I cant un watch that!!

I want two hours hours of my life back.

... I just kept watching hoping it would get better now that its over I dont know what to think.... I think Ive become dumber having seen that!

and how high were you?

I recon not enough...

lol

yea, sorry, hubby hates it too.

I like mind-fk's in a movie

I Just love kung fu movies when I am high, Nothing compares for me especially when your high. For some of the more recent ones people would enjoy:

The Raid: Redemption (This was nothing short of crazy, My jaw was dropped whilst watching this), Merantau, Raging Phoenix, Ip Man 1,2, Wu Xia, Reign of Assassins, True Legend and I watched the Chinese Zodiac with Jackie Chan last night which had me laughing at some silly shit lol

I agree. Thanks for the list of recent Kung fu movies. This one isn't Kung Fu but martial arts based....classic. If you haven't seen it blaze up and watch Zatoichi. Not the tv series, but the 2003 movie.

I agree. Thanks for the list of recent Kung fu movies. This one isn't Kung Fu but martial arts based....classic. If you haven't seen it blaze up and watch Zatoichi. Not the tv series, but the 2003 movie.

No problemo! I checked out the trailer for Zatoichi looked so good I got it on the dl lol Going to have a nice :toke: tonight and get my samurai on. Cheers dude.

"and the translation from stage to screen for the Misérables content was great form..."

It wasn't translated from stage to screen, it was originally a novel, a French historical romance published in the early 1860's. It has been remade as radio, televison, two movies and a 'pop' opera.

Having now sampled the latest re-creation of Hugo's masterpiece... I prefer the version that has Gerard Depardieu as Jean Valjean.

this is on right now (QLD) sbs

Peace. v :sun: