High ya all :P

I myself like to take my toke with a gorgeous little pipe that I bought about 2 years ago at the tobacconists at Mirrabooka Square (Perth, northern suburbs) next to BigW there; in fact they've got a damn fine range of smoking implements and other useful paraphenalia for all us stoners, yay!

My pipe is beautifully crafted out of dark wood and brass and it's a little over 9cm long, which is a nice, compact size and the brass nut has both the conepiece and a threaded plug out front, which not only acts as a shotty, but also has a built-in cone unblocker, with a 2.5cm pin. I bought it for about $11, so it's been damn fine value as far as I'm concerned. The diameter of the pipe's opening is 3mm and the cone's is 2mm, which isn't too much nor too little: about spot-on, 'cos you don't have to pull too hard or gag yourself on too much smoke, like other pipes of wider diameters I've tried (about 5mm at the opening of one—not only was I hacking away after using it, but I also found I was using too much smoke ;) ). With this sucker, I only need 2-3 cones of good hydro buds, and I'm flyin' :P I don't get too many probs sucking in herb, seeing as I pack it in dense and chop my bowl up about medium.

So any others out there who like nothin' more than to kick back on their favourite chair, sit back and puff away at their pipes? I gotta say though, I do like the odd spliff (when I occasionally get some free leaf to mix so I can extend my smoke) and bong (never tried an ice-bong,read about it and it sounds appealing), but I've rarely had any joy out of buckets, 'cos they usually make me splutter and cough B) Would like to try a vape, sounds like a great concept for someone who smokes Winnie Greens but not Winnie Menthols.

Happy tokin'

BO'T :(

Sounds like a nice pipe there BOT, I have just a little brass one with a modified cone piece B). It's a bucket piece I'm sure that screws onto my little pipe, it's fuckin massive :P...a mate bought it for me :( Pipes are great in covert situations....down at the foreshore, alleyways in Perth, outside the cinema :P. But you should really try an ice bong, they aren't too shabby at all ;)

Maynard

hey there BOT,

cheers for the tips i was actually just thinking about getting a pipe B) i will have to check out that one in mirrabooka.. there is also a good pipe shop in carousel i think near the food court. any tips on the best pipe? im not sure if i want to get a short one or a slightly longer one.. i have never really smoked a pipe before :P :P

:(

I love pipes.

My favourite is made of solid Welsh flint - I got it at Stonehenge festival years ago. It really cools the smoke down & feels so nice in the hand.

Second fave is my 'credit card' pipe. Inconspicous & about the same size as a card with an amazingly cool smoke due to pattern of the smoke channel in the middle which also collects a lot of the tar. Has a small bowl tho & more suited to hash.

Time to get the pipe & slippers...

Edited by budsta

I was given a long indonesian pipe by a crippled japanese girl. Really nicely decorated with a metal bowl shaped cone and stem and metal mouthpiece with wood between. Theres a ring attachment for a piece of string or whatever. I haven't smoked in a while but tried it out with some tobacco and didn't cough my lungs up surprisingly. I prefer bongs because they are smoother and make that neat bubbling noise but mostly because I can't roll papers to save my life.

I've had a few pipes over the years...

I had a big bamboo pipe when I was young. We called it the "BIG KAHUNA", which was scratched into the side during a session once. It was about 40cm long and maybe 4cm thick? Pretty big. Had a bronze shotty and cone piece screw-thread on the end, and was closed. So if you started to pull, and sucked in too much before pulling the shot...... Bye bye.... :( It came with a double size bronze cone-piece too. B)

Damn nice tho. Miss that pipe sometimes, left it behind once when I moved... wouldn't have a clue where it could be now. :P

I've also had steel jointed pipes, small and larger, and some other smaller bamboo pieces over time. My current pipe is an antique opium pipe, from SE Asia I think... Have to check on that and get back to ya on it's country of origin. But I've posted some pics of it before in here, I'll grab em and show em again, as it's a damn nice pipe. Needed a new mouth piece and some 4mm flexi tubing for the pipe so it would work, but once I did, whooo eee. Lovely. No ash, nice and smooth.

Still prefer my bong tho. :P

post-96-1077991450_thumb.jpg