48 hour dark?.

Paranoid

Hi all,

I'm just about ready to harvest and want to try the 48 hour dark trick. I'm using an airo system with pumps running 24/7, I have a beautiful VB at day 54 of flower, I hope she turns out ok as she is full of seed, More seed than i've ever seen. Should i keep the watering up?, Or should i give her less or stop completely?.

I hope i've got the harvest time right, I've been flushing for 2 weeks and she still looks verry healthy, Alive and green as though i'm feeding her N.

Any help much appreciated, Thanks heaps,

Paranoid.

Look for the white hairs to turn red, orange or brown. When most of the pistils have turned color (~80%), the flowers are ripe to harvest.

Don’t touch those buds! Touch only the large fan leaves if you want to inspect the buds, as the THC will come off on your fingers and reduce the overall yield if mishandled.

If its seeds your after the bracts would probably be cracking open and showing the seeds.

Cheers

Hey people,

I am kind of new to the whole hydroponics thing can some one tell me what the deal is with the 48 hour dark bit, wouldn't it have an effect on the plant for example us humans can go with out sleep for about 48-72 hours like me for example and after that period without sleep I am absolutely dead, so an explanation would be of great help to me and others that have no idea of what you talking/typing about

Cheers Andrew

It refers to growers, who at the end of their grow, leave the plant in darkness over the last 48 hours prior to harvesting so that the smoke is not so harsh on the lungs. In other words you are not coughing your guts up like you do with some of the stuff that comes from dealers.

Another important aspect of pre-harvest care is to flush your plants of chemical fertilisers/nutrients for the two weeks before the 48 hours darkness, flushing means that you only give them water, no nutrients whatsoever. This stops you getting the splitting head-aches that come from smoking mj that is still full of nutrients.

lol