outdoors in indonesia

I've got a place where to grow the weed. I have no problem in hiding my future weed garden since it's in the middle of nowhere (on top of a ountain, more than 1000 meter from sea level, 7 hours drive from Jakarta, indonesia, around 24C-26C, daily rain fall in the rainy season).

I live in Indonesia and trying to find things like lights, bulbs and other things I find in growing tips aren't available to me. Books and other information concerning growing weed outdoors aren't available. What do i do then??

What about the seed? Can you use seed that you get with weed that you buy?? I buy weed coming from Aceh...can I use them?? How can you tell if the seeds are good or bad??

Do I have to do something with the soil? I live where a lot of farmers grow gabbages, tomatoes, etc. Any good??

What's the difference between female/male plants?? I heard you get more weed from female plants and that you can change the sexes...how do you do it??

Man, i need this info. Please reply!!

MJ likes a good draining soil. Muddy or clay ground which holds a lot of water won't be the best. If the soil is used to grow tomatoes and other shit its probably OK for MJ. MJ plants are heavy feeders so you may need to add some nutes. Better to go light with the nutes as salts can build up which results in nute lockout. You need nutes high in nitrogen for veg and high in phosphorous and potassium in flower. Look for bloom booster type nutes for tomatoes or other flowering plants. Go real light with nutes and gradually build up. If plants show signs of nute burn (brown spots on leaves) flush them out with plain water for a while. you'll need to water them as the soil dries out, could be every second or even every day in summer. but generally with soil plants you only give em half strength nutes once every week or two, depending on how rich your soil is.

Yeah you can use seed you get in your buds, but there's no way to tell if its good or not until you grow it. You got to weigh up if its worth spending a bit of money to buy quality genetics vs spending months of blood sweat and tears to grow something that potentially will be crap. But bagseed can also be great, its just a gamble thats all.

Female plants produce good bud, male plants produce pollen which is useless and will seed and degrade the buds of your female plants. Kill all males and hermies on site. They are of no use to you unless you want crappy seedy bud. No you can't change the sex of your plants. For info on males & hermies and pics have a look in the Indoor section of the Growing Faq.

From the sounds of it you have nothing to worry about. They don't call this plant weed for nothing. If tomatoes grow well in the area then you should have no trouble growing pot. It pretty much takes care of itself. Just make sure it has plenty of water. It grows fast. After you are finished cultivating you might want to compost the waste and put it back in the ground to keep the soil good for next season. I doubt you need to though. You are sitting pretty. Miles from anywhere and up a mountain. Just don't brag about it to anyone. People will rip you off or grass to the police. Thats your main concern. Try seed from bags. If the smoke it came from was outdoors grown and lights up ok then the seeds will likely be ok too. Sometimes seeds dont grow because they were cross pollinated from plants all grown from the same seed batch. So dont be too disapointed. Just plant all the seeds you can find and see how many sprout. Keep the most vigorous ones and chuck the rest out. Don't wait too long as males can grow faster than the females after a few weeks with some varieties. You might choose to keep all the biggest ones and end up with only male. You wont know which are male or female (or herms)until flowers appear. That wont happen until they are big. Maybe no sign will appear until they stop growing and fully enter the bud cycle. Growing is easy. Drying is where people fuck up. Myself included. Oh yeah. Watch out for rats and things. Chicken wire is a good idea. Depends on how big your grow is. Insects are a bugger sometimes too. Edited by Chong

Hi, I hav been growing for years in Indo.

If you are growing outdoors in the middle of nowhere that’s fantastic.

You can buy the HPS (High Pressure Sodium) lamps from Kota. When they ask you for what, and they will ask you, say this, ‘untuk gudang saya di bekasi’ or something that suits you. I buy 150watt HPS lamps as electricity is very expensive in Indo. If you cant assemble it yourself ask the shop you are buying from to do it, they will charge you a small fee. 150watt bulb will cost 95,000 to 120,000. Ballast will cost around 200,000.

You can buy fertilizer from the roadside people selling all those plants in Sunter area or in Senayan. You can buy Growmore for 25,000 to 35,000 a bottle. But Growmore turns acidic real fast so you need to flush every week. I prefer to buy ‘Erecto Biozon’ Rp.25,000 per bottle. It’s a liquid fertilizer. Another good brand is ‘Superzone’ its exactly the same as Erecto costs the same and does not turn acidic.

You can also get good soil from these guys priced at 15,000 to 25,000 per sack.

I buy seeds from seedboutique.com don't use the aceh seeds thay have been sprayed with baygon, they are shit.

Keep a low profile, don’t show off, don’t attract attention. You don’t want to end up like Corby.

What will u b growing? I m growing some white widow and caramella. Basically f-ed up on the caramel, there is like 2 plants left the others basically just died for some unknown reason or were males. I lukin to buy some UV tubes/lamps, you have any idea where i cud get them? My bahasa isn't very gud so I don't even know whats its called locally. Thanks.

Hey W.G.,

Cool. Glad you were still keeping tabs on this forum. It's cool to be able to talk to someone doing the same thing here. I'd prefer to take this conversation to a new thread without the name of this country in it. I'll start a thread in Cannabis Cultivation Nusery and then in an Indoor category. Look me up there.