IOLITE WISPR Review

Hello,

I have had the Iolite WISPR now just short of three months.

It is a great portable and works most of the time perfectly.

After thorough testing, I find it really depends on the butane you purchase. Most tobacco shops carry butane, just make sure you buy the highest quality one. A few times over the 3 months, I have had difficulty lighting it. Although, this has only happened a few times, it was at times when I really wanted to use it.... so that sucked. However, otherwise it has worked perfectly.

Vapor is of good quality, although and also purchased optimiser to go with it. I would argue that it is not necessary and only ruins the screens in the WISPR, causing you to spend more money. Smell is minimal and very discreet unless in a confined space. The blue one I have simply looks like a juice box.

It is a bit difficult to clean, I have had issues with getting it clean to my 100% satisfaction, but it does clean up well. I do wish it was a bit easier like my volcano classic with easy valve. However, for a portable option this is very effective.

Usage lasts a far amount of time (2-3 hours) per fill and what I like about this machine is it allows simple refueling and reusing. Other ones one the market that were battery operated took long to recharge. I also was leery of the glass pieces as it is a portable. Sounds like an easy break and an expensive fix.

Hopefully this helps and adds to this forum a little. I noticed no one had discussed the WISPR so thought I would get something started.

E

I have an older mode (1st generation?) of Iolite, loved it.

It recenty decided to die after 3 years of use

I have been keeping my eyes on the new design, looks like they fixed many of the problems that I had experienced...

thanks for the review

No worries at all. I know the optimiser worked well with the older design, but just didn't think it applied with this one. Let me know if you have any questions.... I went over and over this before making my purchase.

E

I've also had the wispr2 for a few months now. Love it. Bit on the noisy side (far from a whisper as the name suggests). Like saying shhhhhhhhh at normal speaking voice level is the best way I can explain it.

As for cleaning I have some tips. Clean regularly. It's very important to not let that shit build up. Also you can Throw it in the dishwasher (mouth piece and screen that is) not the other end with butane. I use a small fish net stocking sick and hang it off the rack.

Recently though I discovered golden dragon. soak it in some high grain alcohol like spirytus - dan Murphy sll it. I just keep using the same batch of alcohol until it becomes a golden colour then evaporate it down by half or 2/3rds and you have yourself a kick ass potent tincture. Look up golden dragon it's bloody good. You can also use this spirytus to make tincture with your AVB.

Vaping is awesome. But getting two uses out of your cherished buds is event better.

As they say. Fuck combustion.

Thanks for reading

If a burning pit of hell in your throat doesn't sound too appealing you can totally evaporate off the alcohol you use to clean your vape and you're left with decarbed oil which is great stuff to play with.  You can even suck on it like a lolly and get all kinds of messed up while gluing your teeth together for a few minutes lol

• Upvote 1