just wondering

hey all how are u all goin i havent posted 4 awile as i waz paranoid as hell :D my babys across the padock are well into budding and a helicopter checking power lines went over real low i could see the pilot ahhhh but am quit shore that they couldnt see them with all the trees between them and the plants so fingers crossed made sum cookies 2 day ahhhh ;) and il have some pics soon borrowin a digi cam and waz wounderin as well should i give my plant something other than rock dust bloodn bone and dynamic lifter like sum super or sumthing with sum more pottasium and phospurus in it a mate reckns it would make a fair bit of a diffrence it would in prove the buds fattn them up well thats his idea anyway wat do u guys and girls think i normaly end up with a good result at harvest but my widows are looking a bit gappi anyway id love it if u gave me a reply on the fertilizer situation

If what you are using is making the plants happy, I wouldn't go changing it too much. However....

and waz wounderin as well should i give my plant something other than rock dust bloodn bone and dynamic lifter like sum super or sumthing with sum more pottasium and phospurus in it a mate reckns it would make a fair bit of a diffrence it would in prove the buds fattn them up well thats his idea anyway

I'm not sure about the rock dust, the dynamic lifter does have a moderate amount of p and k, but it's a little less than the n quotient. Blood and bone has nitrogen and phosphorus, but little potassium. If your plants are happy with the present feeding, then I'd keep it similar to it's present feed, perhaps increasing it's concentration a little as the plant gets bigger through maturity...

If you do want to increase the potassium rates, you could use Sulphate of Potash, which you can usually get from most garden centers in various sized bags. The Yates website says of their product, (and I don't in any way say that I use this brand, or would I recommend you use it either... it's up to you, there are a lot of various fert brands out there...)

Encourages disease resistance. High in potassium.

A potassium fertiliser for flowering and fruiting. Apply every 4 weeks during the growing period.

Encourages more flowers

Improves quality of fruit

Helps strengthen resistance of plant to fungus attacks

As a guide, one adult handful holds approximately 50 grams.

Dry form: Spread 10 grams per square metre. Water in well.

Soluble form: Dissolve 20 grams per 9 litres of water and apply over 2 square metres.

Handy Hint: Add one part of Sulphate of Potash to 10 parts of Yates Blood and Bone to make a multi-purpose complete fertiliser.

750g carton

NPK Analysis: 41.5% Potassium; 18.4% Sulphur

Another fert which is used quite often by organic growers for flowering plants is guano, or bird/bat droppings which have been deposited over many hundreds, if not thousands and millions of years, which are a rich source of p and k. These substances should be appied according to either the manufacturers recommendations, (which I personally find are usually a little on the high side for most growers), half strength, or according to another seasoned growers advice who's used it. I personally have not used these ferts for mj, so yeah, this advice is mostly from my other gardening knowledge.

You want to be careful that you don't overfertilise any plants tho, as a little to little is far better than a little too much. You'll soon find out if you've overdone it as the leaf blade tips will first droop at the ends, then stand back up and start to burn on the edges. The only way you can get rid of such ferts is flushing, which is very hard to do effectively with organic or slow release fertilisers. So yeah, less is better really, don't overdo it and you'll be laughing all the way to the bong. ;)

There are many other posts on other suitable flowering fertilisers for outdoor growers, aside from fully soluble chemical ones that is, and you may find a lot of information through the search function. ;)

Hope this helps, let us know how your girls go mate. :D

G'day newplantdevil,

Mate go down to your local nursery and get yaself some Manutec Bloom Booster. Its has good amounts of potassium and phospherous with a minimal amount of nitrogen(something like 4% or something). Nitrogen is still reqired in small amounts during flowering until the last few weeks.

Bloom Booster also has all ya trace elements :D

I bought some recently and it only cost like 7 bux.

I've used it as a flowering foliar fert for the past 5 years and have found it works well.

Used in the correct amounts as written on packet, i've never had any problems with burning.

wade

thanks for the advice luke and wade il definetly get hold of sum potash and some bloom boooster and alternate the use of both bloom boooster and potash on seprate plants a little trial cant wait 2 borrow a digi cam so u can see first hand at wat im capable of they look so nice at the moment

maby early next week i can get this cam fingers crossed any way im goin over to check on them now thanks again 4 the replys :D