Wat up guys im thinking starting up another grow soon i purchased some hortico general purpose potting mix and perlite from bunnings

what kind of ratio do u guys use in your soil and any other additives? Do you think that would be good enough?

It be good if i could get a reply!

Cheers :egyptdance:

I used to grow in soil outdoors, indoors I use coco (cleaner, easier and faster than soil). But back to soil...

To each bag of potting mix I used to add about 30% perlite (preferably C grade, chunky), a 9L coco brick (rehydrated and rinsed), 5litres of worm castings, and a couple of handfuls of dolomite lime... mix it all together in the barrow, bag it and let it rest for a few weeks, then use as *desired.

When it comes to fertilisers and additives... sea weed extract is a fine soil conditioner and source of trace elements and fish emulsion is a complete soil nutrient for vegetative growth (both cheaply available at your supermarket). Both of these products have a noticeable odour, not a problem outside but inside it might be if you don't have a working carbon filter.

In flower I have used Manutec's flower and fruit formula in the past with good results at half strength.

* not suitable for starting seedlings.

• Upvote 1