used a cheap arse bug spray and fucked my plants

I bought an insect spray from woolies in the hope that it would rid my plants of the little green caterpillers i had been getting.

I sprayed em last night, and today when I just checked em, the leaves are turning brown and drying out. It is a fucking hot day here today, but I would think that has fuck all to do with it.

I have moved the pots into the laundry, out of the sun, and washed the plant down with fresh water. some of the leaves were so dry the just crackled in my hands.

man i shoulda just gone to the garden centre and got some neem or biocide. I am a fucking retard! anyone had any experience with shit like this.

the active ingredients in the spray were Pyrethrins and Piperonyl Butoxide

Guest BudWaver

deris dust seems to work fine....also from bunnings...just dont coat yer plants massively with it...

on some fo the spray bottles it says not to spray it when the weather is warm...so spray at night..perhaps that is what happened to ya

Was the insect spray meant for plants??..... or was it fly spray. If it isn't specifically for plants then they are probably fucked. lol

Fly spary is full of petrolium distilates that kill your plant real quick in several ways. They coat the leaves with a layer of thin oily shit that suffocates -plant, as well as getting into the cells and fucking them up totally, especially in warmer weather.

Hope your girls pull through.

The pyrithrins are the actuall insecticide in that spray.Organic pyrithrins are extracted from crysanthemums.The piperonyl butoxide is a petroleum distillate,that is used as a carrier.Pyrithrins should be sprayed above your plants and allowed to settle on them.Sprayed directly against the leaves they will cause burns.Oh by the way,planting crysanthenums in pots in your garden will act as a deterent for insects,as will marigolds.