Marijuana Botany

the 2nd best book in the world to me after Hashish!.

This book is old, but still the best on the subject of the botany of cannabis.

It is not a grow guide, although it offers some good growing advice and would probably get someone through a crop, but it is primarily a scientific text on cannabis and cannabis breeding.

There is no photos apart from the front and back covers, but many great diagrams of cannabis by rob himself. It explains basic genetics, landrace varieties of cannabis, cloning, seeding plants, life cycle of cannabis, etc....

Like all rob clarkes work its not exactly a funny book, very heavy reading, and all scientific jibber-jab, you better get used to pistillate and staminate before you read it. and you wont be smoking buds at the end of your crop but "floral clusters".

Awesome reading for those interested in breeding cannabis, or just those who wanna know stuff about cannabis they wont need really need to.

Available for purchase through Oz Stoners.

post-92-1075522100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oz Stoner

After years of hearing about it, and reading excerpts, I finally went and bought it. WOW. Very impressive. It is the easiest to understand book I've read on genetics and breeding. The Punnet Squares and drawings make it as simple as it can be.

Now I'm a picky SOB when it comes to books being accurate( I'm also almost 40 and working on my botany and biology degrees). I can understand that books written in the 70's and 80's will have some statistical info that is out of date, and even some basic info that newer research and experimentation has improved on, but there are some "famous" current cannabis writers out there that put out info that is just plain wrong, and some magazines that publish this wrong info. So I'm in the habit of doing a bit of research when I get a new book just to make sure the guy knows what he's talking about. This guy and this book are the real deal. Everything jibes with current college botany texts and theory and of course is geared for cannabis.

Absolutely worth every penny,

MM

Sounds good... am interested in breeding/ and produceing good seeds.... lucky I have a dictsion...dicctioncanary..ahhh... here it is...a dictionary, to look up the scientrific words.

I allready know what Pistillate means though...isn't it when you have an late-night drinking session...lol... :yahoo: :doh: :thumbsup: :blink:

Thanks I'm gonna check it out...

Edited by greenseas