are they gonna pop up?

okay so i chucked in some seeds (about 4 per pot) and left them outside in normal potting mix. its been real cold down here in melb and its been a week and i havent seen anything, i have been lightly watering them to keep the soil moist and shit but still nothing. the cat even up-ended a pot a day ago and i found a seed that hadnt even split...

first grow ever so im probably doin somethin wrong

Agree with Devil, probably too cold, they like 20-25 C to germinate. I put mine between two wet folded into quarters kitchen paper towels with a saucer on the bottom and one on the top. I then put them in a drawer and less than 7 days they are ready for planting, I have 100% record with this for over 50 seeds. If it was bag seed they my be bad and not germinate.

Mungo

unless your planning on growing them indoors u are sowing them at the wrong time of the year. u want to do it in spring when the weather is beginning to warm up and the daylight hours are lengthening. as devilspine said u will probably find they will go str8 to flower if u get them growing. artificial light is the way to go now