Broke my da Buddha vaporizer

Hey dudes, so I ordered a da Buddha vaporizer from the US a couple of weeks ago coz I heard they were the beez neez for the price, and I just received it the other day. I plugged it in today to warm it up ( after purchasing a US to AUS adaptor) and as it pretty much blew up. I now have learnt its because of the wattage difference from the us to aus.

Anyways so I took it apart and nothing seems to be fried or broken or anything, but I'm just wondering if I buy a stepdown transformer whether it will still work or not.

What are your thoughts, am I $200 out of pocket?

It has a warrantee but the postage back alone would cost $60 and I've probably voided it now by opening it up.

Lmao....soz about ya vape man, if the mob ya ordered it from supplied the plug adapter and no warning of the voltage difference....write em an email and explain that.

If ya just got all excited and bought the adapter here without checkin the voltage.....ya screwed and maybe a new power supply is the go..... best of luck.

Smoke is the life blood of all electronic components....lol . Peace. Nibbler.

You shouldn't have fried the heating element simply by doubling the voltage in a basic unit such as this without delicate electronics. It's more likely to be in an auxiliary circuit, like a power light or, less likely, a temperature control (does the Buddha have these)? The good news is that this ought to be repairable by anyone who knows what they're doing. First step would be to put an ohmmeter across the heating element and make sure that there isn't infinite resistance there.

I bought a Predator along with a 200 watt power supply a couple of years ago, and basically wound up flicking the power supply for being too gutless. The vap wouldn't heat enough even at flat chat, suggesting that it pulled more than 4 amps (which is on the high side). I started off by turning it up to half the recommended heat setting just to be sure, but eventually found that nothing melted as I turned it up. It does, however, have a couple of LEDs which are supposed to provide temperature indications, and I made sure they never got the higher voltage. They mightn't have blown, but they probably wouldn't have provided too much useful information either.

Hey,

I've done this in the past and depending on the exact product it may be as simple as a rooted fuse that would cost a minimal amount to swap out (if you're handy with electronics you could check this easily, but I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you are sure you know what you are doing)

EDIT: I forgot to add, you would need to replace the fuse with a 110v fuse which may be hard to find (check ebay and there will be some for sure) and also, some other components beyond the fuse might be rooted.

Edited by bigelectriccat