Dude, Where's My Country?

pipeman

Great article. I actually looked up the meaning of "insurgent" last night , as they keep using that word on the telly.

It actually means "an uprising against a legitimate government".

I wouldn't have thought the Iraqi people see American military rule as legitimate, and they shouldn't, because it isn't. I wonder how we would feel if the Americans came in and toppled our government, blew up our homes, and murdered our loved ones. I have a feeling we would react just like the Iraqis have. lol

Yes and :toke:,

Goodone pipemanz again.

:)

"Stupid white men" is on the shelf next to me.. Its a great and ... Horrifying read if u know not much about the "American Corporate Government".

:toke:

I find it extremely unbelievable that Mr. Michael Moore would ever post this site...

:applause:

However he is one of the only actual Anarchist Frontier(?nobetterword)man of our times.

The only one i see working. (altho i think he might know some people :) )

Jello Biafra is a Legend. (but I dont think he's written a book) lol

FkThPgz! ... Budman ...Out!

:thumbsup:

I enjoyed reading both SWM and DWMC and watching all his documentaries, however there is a DVD you should also watch to get the whole truth. Michael Moore Hates America. You must also realise this DVD doesn't tell the whole truth either but there are a few lies from Michael Moore that give you quite a different view about him. Greg Palast follows the same lines as Michael but is a lot better at telling the real stories IMO, one of his DVD's is Bush's Family Fortunes, well worth a watch.

Was in a 3rd world country with only 2 books, one on feng shui and the other was Stupid White Men.

SWM was one of those books that is hard to put down till finished. All the statisics MM brings out are truly overwhelming. (like the number of US warheads)

Really put into perspective the village life that was in front of me while reading it. Was very glad to put it down finished. Dunno why I felt ashamed, rich, spoilt and white after reading it! The only thing I was, was white/ red :applause:

It's some interesting info, possibly highlighted with too much sensationalism. But it does show how deceptive greed can be.

After SWM I doubt I'll read more of Moore. Did view Bowling for Columbine and Farenhieght 9-11 and they are very entertaining. Spose the good thing is, when you only see one side of things, it makes you wonder about the other side as well.. :thumbsup:

Michael Moore is often accused of being biased and sensationalist, warping the evidence to suit his own agenda. This is fair criticism, and takes away some of the credibility of some very legitimate arguments he makes.

The thing is he doesn't pretend to be an impartial historian or maker of documentaries. He has strong political and social opinions and finds ways and supporting evidence to convince people as to what he's saying.

He sees a terrible imbalance with the right wing "head in the sand" media and the sheepish voters accepting the bullshit fed to us via the mass media. So he's putting his own slant out there, giving us something to think about. He's trying to bring some measure of balance to the social agenda of our governments and encourage people to be more critical thinkers.

So really its silly to criticise him for not being impartial or objective, because thats not what he's trying to be. He is a reaction to an imbalance in society and wants to inspire people to think and ultimately act to work towards equality and justice for all.

as well you shouldn't.

I don't think he wants a following of sheep, he wants people to start thinking and acting for themselves. If you start doing that I think he's accomplished his goal, and whether or not you agree with his personal opinion is of little importance.