female seeds

hi all,i've heard a story that by mixing asprin with your nutrient,any plant that it's used on will become a hermi & pollinate its own seeds.anyone know if there is any truth to this?the reason i ask is i want to try out some blueberry but i don't want to throw away my current strain & wish i still had some time down the track!this method was also meant to give only female seeds as the male chromosome is missing. Edited by crud

Guest Wilderbud
Itd be great if this does work as I havent found a source for gibberellic acid [the stuff you carefully place on a bud to make a male flower which will give feminized seeds].

Yeah, it's inside the Marijuana Growers Guide too, as a potential experiment... App. they hadn't done any research at the time, although I seem to remember that someone told me it was since disproven...

It's quite possible to make plants hermie with all kinds of stress. Self pollinating the plant will not result in all female seeds. They will likely be mostly hermie with a few pure females and a few pure males. If you're lucky. And even then you'll get all kinds of genetic inbreeding problems. You ever had sex with yourself and expected the child to turn out normal? :D

Anyway, sorry to sound so down on it but it's a pervasive myth that you can just self pollinate any female and get all female seeds. It gets on my nerves now, as it's surely making some growers go through a whole pile of pollination and effort for little result....

Sprout the blueberries, clone the present strain and pass on cuttings to some mates who grow as well. (not through here mind... site rules forbid that... :P ) That way if you end up not liking the new strain you can just ask them for one back... Hopefully one out of the many will have made it. If it's a worthwhile strain I'm sure it will be propagated out again, and you'll have the good ol buds back again. :rolleyes:

Good luck mate. :P

I stressed out superskunk accidently with with too much heat, it turned hermaph. I didnt' manage to get all male balls off in time and the blueberry next to it got pollinated. So far all seeds from the blueberry have been female. I'm going to call the strain SuperSlutBerry :thumbsup: Edited by BentBuddha

It's quite possible to make plants hermie with all kinds of stress. Self pollinating the plant will not result in all female seeds. They will likely be mostly hermie with a few pure females and a few pure males. If you're lucky. And even then you'll get all kinds of genetic inbreeding problems. You ever had sex with yourself and expected the child to turn out normal? lol

:toke:

Hey thx for the info Luke , That is what I always thought but I've had a few people try to tell me that self pollinated plants will produce all female seeds. Sounded dodgy to me from what I knew , But I didn't totally discount it.So now i can wipe it from my "Mind Phase Hard Drive" :toke:. Thx again.

From Budman.(Self Sexing Thought to create Baby Freak Thoughts) :toke:

:toke: :peace:

p.s. Sorry if I fucked that Quote , I don't know why my quotes are always fucked.

p.s.s. Yay , if it did work! :toke:

(Edit)

p.s.s.s It Did Work lol Yay!

p.s.s.s.s. I don't know why anyone would want to turn their plants Hermie??? , What possible benefit could this have???

Edited by Budman2012