NEED HELP!:D

before i start i need to tell all u ozzie stoners out there somthing im am the shit of shits when it comes to growing, smoking, rolling, talking about or even thinking about weed and so of coarse ive desided to grow my own weed :P :D right now the trouble is how to make a grow box i sorta have a plan to make one lets say a 1.8 m tall and id say a meter wide each way.... i plan to put a board 1/8th of the way up with a fan and light resting on it aand justcovering it all in foil :mellow: i have no idea what to do with the pots and whatsoil to use or even what fan and light to use, and were to buy then..........so if anyone can help me :rolleyes: please do :P

HI i_need_butter & welcome to OZstoners.com,

Im a NEWBIE myself and I joined this site a month or soo back. After 4 years of buying shitty dope i decided to STOP supplying my DEALER with dope and supply for myself. In your first post you didnt explain your circumstances properly, I know your a NEWBIE and you didnt know where to start but this is the only way we can help you.

Are you living in your parents house, renting or your own house ?

Do you want to grow for PERSONAL or INDUSTRIAL reasons ?

How much MONEY are you intending to spend ?

I would recommend reading a few books before you start growing, reading will help you understand the MODs and MEMBERs when they start getting into techinical language. I'v only scratched the surface when it comes to the GROWING stuff, I admit sometimes I dont know what most of the MODs and MEMBERs are on about. BUT i will try to help to the best of my abilities and i know the MODs and MEMBERs will too. :rolleyes:

i_need_butter you posted :

plan to make one lets say a 1.8 m tall and id say a meter wide each way

Im guessing you'v decided to have one plant in there ?

i have no idea what to do with the pots and what soil to use or even what fan and light to use, and were to buy them

I'v been researching SOIL and SOILLESS mixes, I admit I'v never grown under artificial lighting with SOIL before and have NO EXPERIENCE with soil indoors. But click on this link OVERGROW.com and read thru the FAQ. It should put some ideas into your head and give you a better understanding about the MARIJUANA plant. I found that OVERGROW.com is mainly overseas growers and in most FORUMs they use GALLONs instead of LITREs and other words that we have not adopted in australia. If you are unsure of what things are just ask the MODs or MEMBERs of OZstoners.com

MODs and MEMBERs if I'v left anything out please correct me.

~ peace out

Guest Wilderbud

Sounds almost like TUGBOATs cabinet and he put a thread up about building it so have a look in the Growrooms forum for his posts. Bunnings sells cheap timers and adapters and a hydro shop is the best place to get nutes, pots, medium, PH/hygrometer/temperature guages [maybe EC too], fans/ducting and HIDs of course.

Also, hi and good luck. :rolleyes:

g'day mate.

first things first, how much pot do you need? How much do you use in a week or month on average? Knowing this would determine how much light you need and size of box.

I don't think you want to use foil to line grow room, but you could knock up a timber frame and line it with that black & white panda film available at hydro shops.

In terms of pots can be just soil if ya like but soil is not the best for indoors at its slower growing and more susceptible to infestation. There are many different hydro systems you could do. Simplest is just a 50/50 perlite & vermiculite mix in normal pots with trays and hand watered once a day at beginning of light cycle.

Can buy the shit you need at Bunnings or nurseries or hydro stores.

Have a read through Growing Faq and think about what system you want to use and come back and ask more question when you got a better idea of what you think you'll be doing

good luck mate and welcome to Oz Stoners :rolleyes:

Edited by pipeman

i_need_butter,

If your looking for a made up system, have a look at the systems at www.grow.com.au.

I have a grow fridge that I purchased 3 years ago, and is now used as a mother box. These systems come complete, ie add plants and water/nutrient , electricity, and away you go. If you dont want to buy the unit, maybe you can make your own out of an old fridge as a mate of mine done.

The only problem I've had is with heat, but that was my own fault, growing an outdoor plant in it. The bloody thing just kept growing.

Hope this helps

:P i fell sorta outta place but i only want to grow 1-2 plants and yes i am living wid my pearnts ;) but ive found a gr8 place behind our heating system witch my pearnts arnt able to get there cause there sorta big in sense that theres more to hug :P im trying to make the simplest grow box that i can and im looking at a price range of up to 200 dollars or more..... would any of u think magnet mart will carry the sorta stuff ill need???

Also thanxs for all this OVER helpful infomation :D aussie stoners r the best and i only plan to use my weed for like a friday night high :rolleyes:

Okay ... you want to grow one or two plants, there are other things you will need to take into consideration (ventilation, humidity etc).

When I started researching I found www.OVERGROW.com and read thru the FAQ (frequently asked questions). I found heaps of useful info on growing but all the measurements are in gallons and square foot.

Here's a basic guideline for lighting a growspace for good growth using common HIDs:

WATTAGE -- COVERAGE

1000 watt - 4 to 5 feet across (1.3 to 1.5 meters)

600 watt - 3.5 feet (1 meter)

400 watt - 2.5 possibly 3 feet (.8 to .9 m)

250 watt - 2 feet (.6-.7 m)

175 watt - small, less than 2 feet

These numbers assume you have a good reflector around your bulb and also reflective wall coverings.

Growing at your parents house without them knowing is not a good idea. If the police raid, everyone is considered a suspect.

~ peace out

Edited by FUKN_BISH