What is a good yield?

aussie1

it depends on too many things, if you give us idea of what area you growing in, how big they are when flowering, what growing method you using, whether you are training or scrogging, what strain and anything else you can tell us.

general rool of thumb is in good grow you gan achieve 0.5 gramms per watt. anything up to a gramm per watt or more is really good growing.

Guest weekprik

Like Pipeman said,

It depends on heaps of things, eg- hydro or soil, nutes and additives or just nutes, Strain, Grow room temps, room humidty, stress on plant etc,

basically I have done about 4 indoors harvest so far and these were vegged to about 1-2 feet, and all strains then trippled in size (apart from my G13, G13hp)

hmm Ak47xC99, Afghani#1, NLPI, G13, G13hp, unknown sativa, Marsden Skunk(a breeder grew this for his own smoke :D )

All of these plants have given me roughly 4-5 Oz of dry manicured bud.

But I fuck with my plants alot, I just cant seem to leave them alone.

Iam still experimenting with nutes as well, i check PH and EC everyday.

On the other hand, Me and a mate went halfs inagrow,

we grew Marsden Skunk, and I vegged it and he flowered it.

I vegged this untill it was about 3 feet tall, it was a sativa dom so leggy.

It took like 4-4 1/2 months to finish, we based this using a 20x lense and waited until the trichomes went just amber,600watter hps.

We got a pound DRY of the fucking thing,

anyways im stoned, so long story short, its something only you will know I reakon?

Here is grow info so that you might be able to help further.

I grow in 2 x 50 litre pots, with perlite.I use an A&B nutes, I add silica to almost evry nute tank. I use a run to waste system,and add PK 13-14 at

3rd week for 10 days. I also had hydrogen peroxide to nute tank, but am thinking of using cannazym.I had 2 frozen 2 litre plastic milk bottles to nute tank every day. I have 2 x 4 pole zeal fans and ducting overhead with carbon filter for exhausting and 1 x 4 pole zeal bringing in fresh air from room next door.If it gets above 26C I put air con on in room next door and fan sucks it in to grow room.Also have ducting on end of this fan and it is positioned directly under plant so fresh air blows through the plant itself.

Plants are about 3 1/2 foot when I switch (but I bend it at right angle when

it is young to get a SCROG affect without the actual screen, I just use string and plastic coated coathangers to tie down) The plants continue to grow about 6-8 inches after switch.It is an indica strain but not sure what.

Light is 1000 watt HPS on light rail, but actual grow area is only 4 1/2 ft x

4 1/2 ft so light doesn't travel far. Light is about 12 inches from plant.

Appreciate any further comments as my yield is causing some controversy at the moment.

yield is causing a controversy? ;) mate if enough people know about your yield for it to be a controversy thats not good IMO ;)

sounds to me like you got everything under control. You want to keep your res at about 21 degrees or so, so I assume this is why you are adding frozen bottles to your nute tank, cause it gets too hot. If you cooling it below 20 degrees however, you may be hurting rather than helping.

anyway, sounds to me like you got a pretty good setup and know what you are doing, so as long as you got a nice high yielding indoor strain, I predict you will get at least a pound, and potentially closer to two :D

you'll soon see yourself though, anything could happen. good luck and keep us updated. and pics man, we wanna see pics!

Thanks for the tips.The controversy is happening online at another forum.

I get 24 0z on average. I would not be brain dead enough to tell anyone that I know what I am doing. Anyway, there is a shit load of dickheads who are getting 3oz per plant every 3 months, and therefore have said that they know for a fact the 240z is impossible.In other words I am a liar.

I don't know what they do on the other side of the world, but obviously something wrong coz some of them have a decent set up but still get shitty yield. Because I don't discuss any of this with other peolpe I didn't know what the average was. So I can safely say that my average is good, but the .5 g per watt each month is what to aim for. Have new strain this time, think it might be better if looks count for anything. Can't take a picture of plant while it is growing as the energy waves from the light are giving me interference on the screen of digital camera. Will take a picture under normal light the day I pull up, and some pictures of harvest hanging. I have heard that if you cut the taller tops out of plant and let the under buds grow for another 10 days you can improve yield. Has anyone tried this?

mate some people are just ignorant, don't worry about it. Yeah if you just grow little plants in a cupboard they may only yield a few ounces. But if you got a big light and train plants to fill out a decent sized grow space you can get yields like you are talking about. Everyone should know yield is much more dependant on light and how well you fill out your grow space than plant numbers.

Also getting that 1000watter closer to your plants utilising a light mover is a real good move. Stationary lights need to be further away to prevent burning the plants.

yeah res. temps of 17-19 should be fine from what I know, but IMO you would be no worse off if they were a little higher than that. but by the sounds of it you are already yielding pretty good, so if its not broke don't fix it :D

In terms of chopping off main colas and giving lower buds more time to finish, yeah some growers do this. Its not so much to increase yields as it is to harvest all buds on the plant when they are at their peak potency/ripeness. Most don't bother and give the whole plant the chop at the same time, but some are fanatics and closely watch the trichs on their buds and progressively chop off buds as they become ready.

Thanx for all the help and tips. have taken everthing on board and may adjust res temp as I wouldn't like cold water poured all over me, but I was just following what I have read. I think it is time for me to take what I know from the books and material I have read and customize it a little to see what I can achieve on my own.

Thanx again mate

Hi

I had a room 2mtr x 2mtr grow space and 6 x 400 son Ts , was growing in clay balls -flood and drain system , strain at the time was Super Skunk , and grew between 25 and 30 in the system at a time .

Would take about 7 to 10 days to root clones .

After roots shown through the cubes would transfer to main system and grow under 3 x 400 18hrs for 5 days , would flood only once or twice in this time , don't over water them at this stage or they will sit down on you .

Turn lights to 12 hrs and turn all of them on and flower for 7 wks , you could harvest in 6 if you needed to , but the extra wk is worth it .

I averaged 10 to 14 oz dried for each 400 watt bulb like clockwork for 2yrs solid .

Plenty of fresh air ventilation - 3 express air fans sucking out , and 3 sucking in - lots of fresh air is so very important .

The room would only increase 1 degree in temp per light because of airflow.

Im in Queensland so cold is not a problem .

I feed General 3 part Flora feed and the plants were pristine and I used reverse osmosis water .

No additives were used , just manipulated the 3 part feed for the different stages of demand and needs .

Rod