Growbusters - H&G Roots Excelurator, Superthrive, and Seasol Side

Hey guys

Ive spent a great deal of time searching the net on growing info and one thing I couldnt find was side by side test useing H&G roots excelurator vs superthrive vs seasol

i use both H&G RE and Superthrive and have finally gotten hold of some superthrive which i used to use but havent been able to find for a while since it is now banned in oz, i have also used seasol in the past on my plants, but use it all the time outside in the garden and on the veggies, i mostly want to test the H&G RE as it so expensive and want to see if its really worth it vs the other 2 vs no additive to find out what works and how well.

I will be using Pineapple chunk from Barneys farm as my test plants as i have grown this a few times and have a nice stable pheno that i know how to grow well. There will be 4 clones used for this experiment, 1 control using no additive and 3 others, each one using a different additive, i should have around 25 clones to choose from so all clones will be as close to identical as i can pick from the bunch, with similar root growth, leaf size, number of nodes and node spacing. The clones are rooted in my bubble cloner so i can see all the root development so i can pick the most identical ones.

Once rooted up enough in the cloner they will be goin into 5 litre pots filled with canna coco and perlite at a 70/30 mix, nutes will be Canna coco a&b at 1ml per liter then shifting to 2ml per liter in the second week,then work up to 3 by end of week 4, they will be given the same amount of water in each pot, each time, so all baselines are even. i plan on running this experiment for 4 weeks from potting up as this is what most people use as a veg time. They will be under a 250w flouro as close to evenly spaced as i can for even lumens on each plant.

As for the additives i will be useing the amounts as per the desciption on the bottle, which is .3ml/L for H&G Roots Excelurator, 1ml/4l for the Superthrive and 25ml/9L for the Seasol

At the end of the 4 weeks the plants will have the coco washed of the roots to compare the root growth and veg growth. Veg growth will also be measured during the 4 weeks.

Ok so all 3 a suposed to promote stonger, healthier root systems with the seasol and superthive said to be also good for foliage and stem growth and strength, but with how good H&G RE is supposed to be at getting the roots growing it should offset the extra benifets that seasol and superthrive are suposed to provide.

I think that should give me the answers i seek and help a few others out aswell. I'll be back with regular updates

the clones i will pick from, in the cloner atm should be ready in 5 - 6days

post-47772-0-46997200-1333642529_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys and gals

FQM666

Edited by fqm666
  • Upvote 1

Heya Fqm666 =),

Just a lil note, these are very different products mate.

Root excelorator is beneficial bacteria and actually protects the roots from diseases while also preventing these bugs from reproducing. Makes a layer around roots that absorbs Nutrients but prevents deseases entering the plant.

Superthrive is a vitamin suppliment (actually now listed as a PGR-why it's banned from sale).

Seasol is a seaweed extract. This works on the root system and promotes a healthier plant, but has no beneficial bacteria.

So they all different.

Have tried without RE, with RE and with seasol. Have not tried super thrive yet, was too late to grab some. Friends use it, swear by it for growth stimulant.

While the seasol plants did alright, they still were prone to all the same diseases, the RE plants roots were white as snow and super healthy, and with nothing- the plants became prone to more diseases and was evidence of browning roots.

While H&G is expensive, at 0.3ml to 1L , it is extremely economical.......... after the shock of the initial cost wears off. lol

For best results use the RE in combination with the Multizyme, The RE keeps the roots healthy and the Zyme eats dead root matter and keeps the rhizosphere happy.

Hope that helps, and everybody gotta experiment, so go for it mate, best of Luck. Peace. Nibbler.

Hey Mate, i know they different products with different properties ive used these products for a while, but they are all suposed to promote better root growth in there own ways.

i just wanted to see if they make a real diffence in growth rate compared to using nothing. I use both RE and Superthrive swear by them, but have a couple buddies that think they are just snake oil so this is mostly just to see what works, how they work and how well.

Im pretty sure i know what the end results are goin to be, but still, i think this could be cool to see so thought id put it up here aswell.

FQM666

Edited by fqm666
  • Upvote 1

Cool Fqm666 =) , Good luck with the comparison, was more pointing out the properties of the products for others, as soon as I saw ya plants I knew you could grow. lol

R/E has been amazing, i swear by it too.

I have never had roots that good on a plant, those in doubt need to try it out, everyone I know who uses it the first time flips out. lol

great stuff. Lookin forward to your comparison, should be an interesting read.......on with the show........ Peace. Nibbler.