Blackouts?

Maynard

Hey all,

I was just watching the news and heard about the possibility of blackouts throughout Perth. What do people with hydro setups with lights and pumps and stuff do when they lose power? Those poor bastards.....

Dunno why I mentioned that....

Maynard

Wait them out, not much choice to do otherwise but the occasional blackout shouldn't do much harm to the plants.

Guest Elefunk

last time i had a blackout i had to sit there for 12 hrs straight with a watering can in one hand an mag torch in the other,

streching my arm to pour every 15mins for 5 mins each..

its a workout.. i tell ya

What????

You are joking right?

Back to the original question..... It can be a prob when the power goes off for a few seconds and then comes on again. In a big storm just before Christamas, I lost a ballast due to this happening. Oh.... blew out one of my halide/hps conversion bulbs too.

last time i had a blackout i had to sit there for 12 hrs straight with a watering can in one hand an mag torch in the other,

streching my arm to pour every 15mins for 5 mins each..

its a workout.. i tell ya

Try using candles next time. ::D:

It can be a prob when the power goes off for a few seconds and then comes on again. In a big storm just before Christamas, I lost a ballast due to this happening. Oh.... blew out one of my halide/hps conversion bulbs too.

Use a surge protector. :(

When the light goes out, and then pwer comes on again, ballast tries to start up the lamp, but becuase it is already so hot it won't start. Ballast keeps grinding away until she blows.

Thanks fossil. I was going to post and ask if anyone knows what happens under those circumstances. I live in the country and have the power going off for a few seconds all the fucking time when it's windy. I'm home most of the time and can turn the lamp off and let it cool before restarting, but I've been wondering what would happen to it if I was out, a blown ballast doesn't sound promising :D shit