Thank you

I'd like to thank everyone here for their help with my first grow.

I got 80gm/s of bud from 5 plants, which I know isn't great, but I know I'll do better next time with the experience I gained from my first grow.

I took some clones from my fav plant, and am in the process of cleaning everything and getting the rootlings into the flood & drain system.

Now that I've `cut my teeth', and invested in HID lights, digital PH & EC meters, etc etc etc I'd like to try a known strain. I'd love some suggestions on strain's and sources from others.

Thank you again for help everyone, & again, if I can be of any assistance with electrical advice (except stealing power - too dangerous) please drop me a line.

Gunja

Good to see you made it through your first grow, with a 430w Son-T-Agro (uses a 400w HPS ballast) you could get close to a pound from 5 or 6 plants and a 600w would produce even more. The wattage you get does depend on the size of your grow room too, you want to aim for at least 50w per square foot. Another thing to keep in mind is that HID's give off a fair bit of heat so you may need to upgrade your ventilation to handle it, and the higher the wattage the more heat they give off.

What are the dimensions of you grow room and what ventilation are you running?

Heya gunjaponic ;)

I'd love some suggestions on strain's and sources from others

Well here's my bit ... Heavy Duty Fruity from THSeeds, or Bogglegum from BOG Seeds. Both are on my 'to-do' list once I have the experience to start experimenting with strains - and both come highly recommended.

I'm pretty sure you can get 'em from Seeds Direct if you're not too worried about ordering overseas.

Congrats on your first harvest champ ;) Taz is right about the son-T as well, awsome lamp, a bit more expensive then Lucagrow and all that but much better results from what I have read.

Hey bubba, how ya been bud? ;)

I'd say try some of the blueberry crosses, I love that bluey flavour which just doesn't get repeated. ;)

And yeah, well done on your first harvest mate... you're over the hard part, now you're just going to get better from here. Keep us updated as you go along buddy, we're always interested to see a grower showing off their buds. ;)

Taz:

My `usuable' grow room space is 2m x 2m x 2m high. The rest is to store nutes, meters, pots, etc etc.

I already use a 400W HPS SONT-Agro, and a couple of fluros that I used to shine in from underneath.

Bubba:

I have heard about those strains, but I'd prefer to source them locally. I'm not too keen on getting seeds through customs.

Master Luke:

Thanks for the encouragment. I would post some pics, but the digt camera I have isn't really worth taking pics with.

I think that one of my main problems was that a friend and I started growing at the same time. When the plants got to about 15cm high, they started to grow really fast, and so we started a bit of a competition to see who could grow the tallest plants. problem was that by the time I'd figured out that the things still grow during 12 / 12, it was too late. They were about a 5 feet tall, and not far from the light ;) When I put them into 12 / 12. I tried tying them down, but the stems were really thick. In the end I tried to chop the tops off. BAD MISTAKE !!! They grew really bushy up the top, and blocked the buds that were only a couple of weeks from being harvested in the middle section. To add to this, the bottom foot or so of the plants were compltely bare because when they were young I fucked up some nute strengths / PH and must have burnt most of the growth off.

Like I said. Next time I'm sure I can do better, especially with a good strain.

How many plants do you guys usually grow under a 400W HPS SONT agro ?