Skunk#1 is a registered trademark, as is the name Big Bud... granted the names are widely copied as the trademark holder doesn't resort to legal action when infringements occur.

Big Bud and Big Bud#2 may not have anything in common apart from the name... then again the #2 may be bred from the original and the hash sign is being used as a point of differentiation... although this is more likely where the two strains are produced by the same company as with Shiva Shanti and Shiva Shanti II and with femmed varieties eg Jack Flash and Jack Flash #5.

When the strains come from different companies it is likely the hash number is just an attempt at profiting from a well known name.

it may not just be different pheno's but different varieties that incorporate the original (skunk #5) may be a backcross of the skunk or may have nl in its lineage (northern lights) ..... its really just a labelling given by those breedi ng the genetics ..... often important to read the fine print though ... to get a better understanding on the genetic makeup of the strain ..

Yeah what ind00r said. For example Lowryder #1 is a Williams Wonder/Northern Lights/Ruderalis cross and then Lowryder #2 is lowryder #1 crossed with a sativa dominant plant so it shows more sativa characteristics.

When I bought my seeds I knew Id liked Northern lights in the past so I went and bought the first Northern Lights seeds that I saw. The problem was thta even tho they were called northern lights on the website they werent from the original breeder so really it could be anything and probably only has a small percent of the original NL genetics in it if any.

So I guess what Im saying is that if theres a strain you like and you want to grow it you need to do a little research and see who originally bred the strain and then see if they have seeds for sale. If they dont have seeds you can generally find out which breeders had access to the original genetics and from there figure out whos most likely to have the real deal and not something thats actually NL/??/??x??/??. Get waht I mean or was that just babble?? haha

• Upvote 1