NSW Medi Cannabis trial

here is a link to some info on the trial ...

Thanks, but at present I have all the info I need. In fact I have been very active politically on this issue I was interviewed for national TV (Channel 10, 9 and 7) on the 20/5/2003 about 1 hour after Bob made the announcement in the house. Since then I have spoken in public, on radio, even interviewed by Kerry Ann (my God that woman is blonde).

Let me tell you guys the latest. The Greens asked a question of The Hon Special Minister of State John Della Bosca who took the question on notice, he plans to make an announcement in mid to late January. My local member is actively lobbying various ministers on our behalf as are several backbenches and even members of the opposition and the cross benches. Even David Oldfield of One Nation stopped to offer his support (ugh, hate the man's politics) There has been plenty of talk in the corridors of power about me and my cheeky turn of phrase - I have been using solgans such as

"All I want for xmas is an appetite"

"The inaction of this house is lightening the load on my future pallbearers"

"How much does it cost to arrest a terminally ill patient"

This protest action starts again when Parliament resumes on the 17th of Feb.

We live in hope.

Goog work Brash, Its good to know someone is actually doing something rather than just talking about it. As a med user(rheumatoid & back, chronic pain), any step toward decriminalization is great. The fact that we have to become criminals, dose ourselves with huge dosages of hard drugs eg morphine just to try and geat away from constant pain, is fucked. Keep up the good work mate

here is a link to some info on the trial ...

Thanks, but at present I have all the info I need. In fact I have been very active politically on this issue I was interviewed for national TV (Channel 10, 9 and 7) on the 20/5/2003 about 1 hour after Bob made the announcement in the house. Since then I have spoken in public, on radio, even interviewed by Kerry Ann (my God that woman is blonde).

Let me tell you guys the latest. The Greens asked a question of The Hon Special Minister of State John Della Bosca who took the question on notice, he plans to make an announcement in mid to late January. My local member is actively lobbying various ministers on our behalf as are several backbenches and even members of the opposition and the cross benches. Even David Oldfield of One Nation stopped to offer his support (ugh, hate the man's politics) There has been plenty of talk in the corridors of power about me and my cheeky turn of phrase - I have been using solgans such as

"All I want for xmas is an appetite"

"The inaction of this house is lightening the load on my future pallbearers"

"How much does it cost to arrest a terminally ill patient"

This protest action starts again when Parliament resumes on the 17th of Feb.

We live in hope.

Well actually the link was not for you but to provide info to others who wanted to answer your question to give them some idea what you were talking about if they where not aware of the trial :P If I wss to talk to you exclusivly then usually it is a courtesy to say their name or direct the post at them with a @Brash, in answer to your original question, i hope the med trails starts as soon as possible

Edited by syk613

Thanks for the etiquitte tips, will follow them in future.

Further to this story, I was just this moment interviewed for the Sunday Telegraph (is this national or NSW based? - either way the Murdoch press will probably print in other states). Story is expected to rum this sunday (11/1/2004). Apparently Bob Carr is getting ready to make an announcement of sorts. Heres hoping!

HOT OFF THE PRESS -

Just got this note e-mailed to me and , well what can I say, I suspected the answer was going to be something like this :D :

The questions asked of the Special Minister of State in December 2003 by Ms Rhiannon were:

(1) When will the exposure draft on medical cannabis be available?

(2) What is the budget allocation for the community consultation and the awareness program associated with this exposure draft?

(3) What is the envisaged start date for a clinical trial?

(4) How long will the trial last?

Ms Rhiannon’s office has forwarded the following response from John Della Bosca, Special Minister of State::

"The Government is currently considering a range of options and will be making further announcements concerning the medicinal use of cannabis in due course."

In other words, "bugger off you snivelly little person, I don't care what you think we'll make laws as we bloody well see fit and if the bloody bleeding heart hippies with cancer and aids don't like it well they'll be dead soon so it doesn't matter."

I rarely use profanity on these boards, but only profane words will describe my feelings about the repression of cannabis and it's derivatives for medicinal use and the political prisoners all across the world in gaol for possesion and related crimes.

Fucking pricks. :angry:

Keep asking the questions mate, they can't ignore you forever. It warms me to know that there's someone out there fighting for the right of people to medicate themselves with a substance known to be effective, safe and proven time and time again as such.

On a side note, have you heard of any Western Australian compassion clubs or similar? I've never come across anything like that, but with the legal status being changed and hemp and medicinal laws in W.A. soon to come on the legislative horizon so to speak, then I'd be interested to know if you've heard of anything... And if not, what would be an appropriate process of helping one of these operations out? (be it with growing information/assistance or other volunteering capacity) :D

Thanks brash. Fight on brother. ;)