evening OS,

second season for myself and ive got two plants on the go. one is definatley female but im just not sure about the other and im getting a bit worried about pollenating the girl. they are two different strain both unknown. the big one is the one that has me baffled. im not sure whether it has gone back into veg because where the preflowers grow it looks like it is producing leaves but some look like little balls. see pics.

post-43206-0-05028800-1329289036_thumb.jpg

post-43206-0-44531200-1329289181_thumb.jpg

big one was planded early september so i thought it would be well into flower buy now? any thoughts, i really dont want to rip it but if i must i must. its just so beautiful :air_kiss:

post-43206-0-60376500-1329288515_thumb.jpg

post-43206-0-82107200-1329289574_thumb.jpg

yours in bud and beats

fiend

ps im in metro SA

Edited by d&bfiend

evening OS,

second season for myself and ive got two plants on the go. one is definatley female but im just not sure about the other and 1im getting a bit worried about pollenating the girl. they are two different strain both unknown. the big one is the one that has me baffled. 2im not sure whether it has gone back into veg because where the preflowers grow it looks like it is producing leaves 3but some look like little balls.

4big one was planded early september so i thought it would be well into flower buy now? any thoughts, 5i really dont want to rip it but if i must i must. its just so beautiful :air_kiss:

yours in bud and beats

fiend

ps im in metro SA

I think your worries relate more to your knowledge base than any thing wrong with the plants.

1. For pollination to occur a male plant must have fully developed, open flowers. This takes at least a couple of weeks after the presentation of staminate growth ('balls').

2. Preflower is the point at which the plant reaches sexual maturity but it does not end vegetative growth so there's no going back to veg after preflower... the plant just continues to vegetate and show preflowers until the lighting conditions are suitable for flowering to commence.

3 Pictures aren't really clear enough to say without a doubt, but it's more likely that the 'balls' are simply calyxes forming beneath the ripened pistils.

4. It really doesn't matter when you planted the plants they wont come into flower until the light hours drop enough to trigger flowering. Planting in September just means you have a helluva long vegetative period before flowering. The exceptions to this rule are auto flowering varieties which flower according to age and not the photoperiod (length of day).

5. I can't see any reason to rip up either plant and I expect you will see true flowering begin in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Lastly, determining gender from preflowers is not always accurate. Keep an eye on the plants until the come into flower proper before deciding to compost anything.

All the best for flowering, lou,

thanks guys, really apprieciate the advise. ive read so much info over the last 12 months but cant seem to get it to stick for some reason :twiddle: lou lou, youre a champ! thanks for the detailed response. my first grow was easy with one plant, it was either going to be a girl or not. just stressing a bit with the 2 but that has helped alot