Tieing down the plant

johnnyboy

I am in the vegative cycle, and she is spreading out and running out of room. I have tied her down alot and is actually up against the wall. I dont think it will hurt it as it is so healthy, though my indoor experience is limited and I dont wanna loose a mad crop! Anyone have any tips here??

Thanks, anything will be appreciated hey!

Edited by johnnyboy

I have a plant that's been in the ground since winter. It is so extensively trained flat against a wall that the majority of visitors don't even notice it - it looks like a creeper. You should be respectful of the plant (don't try to make it do the splits all at once) and it'll happily keep growing under any restraint. I tend to stake limbs to bend them and will move the stakes every week or so to progressively train the plant. I have not tipped the plant and don't intend to (= don't need to).

Look for info on Espalier if you're keen - go to the Burke's Backyard site or do a Google search.

I am being respectful to the plant, I teid it down only at the base of each branch purely to get it away from the light as it was burning... in doing so, the majority of the branches are now against the walls of the set up... do you get what I mean?? Im going to post some photos up tomorrow so people can see what I am tryign to explain