Autos, Cloning, North Queensland

I might well be an Early Flowering Variety, but at 45 days it def aint no Auto.

Hi buzzo

This Iranian Auto was my first attempt at autos and I am definitely not an authority on autos. Just trying to educate myself a bit.

I just got a pack of Super Stinky from Short Stuff .They advertise it as a Super Auto Sativa and it does have rudalis in it. They say it will autoflower up to/at 5 weeks depending on phenotype.

So I was just wondering if you could tell me the difference between the Iranian Auto and the Super Stinky as the Super Stinky also can have a period of 35 days approx before it initiates flowering.

The Iranian Autos I recently harvested earlier this month were started outside from seed in mid October (spring at latt 33 deg south) and never saw any artificial light at all and they all initiated flowering as the day lenght was increasing , not as a response to the 22 DEC equinox and shortening day lenght.

Do light sensitive/early flowering/short season varieties only initiate flower in response to a shortening day lenght and autos initiate flowering according to age only?

If I had have stated the Super Stinky at the same time last year as I started the Iranian Auto seeds and both varieties initiated flowering at similar times to each other prior to shortening days occuring , then why is one an auto and one not an auto.

Just a bit confused by this differenciation. Thanks for any response.

m

the Iranian Auto is a light sensative plant the best and most simple way to test this theory is bang a couple under 24/0 light schedual also put the Super Stinky as well, you will find that the Super Stinky will flower under this lighting as it is a true auto that triggers its flowering via age not light manipulation... the Iranian Auto will NOT flower under this lighting no matter how long you leave it sitting under the lights..... now it might flower under 20/4 and even 18/6 which makes it fall under the light sensative plant.

hope that cleared it up for you some what ?

This is a great topic especially as I'm about to plant a NL under light straight thru to harvest, is the plan. lol

I'll have to read it again tho, too much for one sitting but riveting!

And I have a auto Bomb in at the moment that's already been in a month but that's another investigation.... lol

The addiction starts again.