South Park encouraging Conservatism

Guest billy bonger

Enlightenment dawns on mediocre head.

So whats a political party? lol

Just kidding although I'd still appreciate a rough outline of liberalism. I have a loose understanding of left and right. Left is commy and right is fascist yeah? The rest is all Greek to me.

It's a tad more complex than that, as the world has moved on somewhat from 1940.

Check out this thread... It's called the political compass, and it's a bit more accurate in gauging a persons political leanings, but not necessarily spot on.

The Liberal party in Australia is like the Conservative party in parliament, although to look at the Labor party, their opposition, you'd be hard pressed to find terribly much policy difference between the two. Well, aside from the Lib's take all our money away from us to start, and the Labor boys just spend it all. lol ;)

Liberalism is generally thought of as being from the left side of the wavelength, but the Liberal party is not a "liberal" party, if you know what I mean... ;) ;)

Intriguing. I'm a Libertarian leftist it seems. Just barely. One more square higher and I'd be neutral on the liberty authoritarian thingy. Some of those questions I could have answered either way as depending on the situation I would have different opinions. I guess I'm just a leftie with no strong social economic stance. I'm halfwayover to the left so theres no doubts there. I'd like to be Emperor of the Planet so it certainly seems to fit.

Economic Left/Right: -4.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.67

Thanks for that. I'm a little less stupid on this subject now. lol