optic fibre?

has anybody info on using optic fibre MH lighting systems for growing.

A new product Hydra Light promises 1000w off a 150wMHballast with no heat $1700 cad.

By directing the placement of Hydra Light’s nine fibre ends, the grower controls the intensity of light. As a result, the PAR value delivered to plant surfaces from Hydra Light’s 150W HID lamp can be greater than the PAR value delivered by a 1000W HID lamp.

alvin.disterheft@fibresun.com

Fibre Sun Inc. researches, developes and manufactures proprietary and licensed products incorporating Cool Sun, its patent-pending fibre optic plant lighting technology that distributes full-spectrum high intensity light directly to plants heat free, delivering higher yields of healthier plants while consuming less energy

http://www.nutrilifeproducts.com/whats_new.htm

My question after a little research what makes a optic fibre MH Lighting

suitable for growing - spectrum, range?

It must be in the filtering properties of the optic fibre cable as the MH driver seems the same. is that Hydra lights advantage or is the same

cable also used in other applications already

The price is the same for current aussie sites for optic fibre lighting

could any of these cables build me the same system

Stinging to see one in action

Seems to good to be true despite the price....I wonder if they make a HPS version ?

I'd have to have a look at one to see what makes it work but I think it would be simple enough to construct one using the optic fibre cable and a suitable light source. The light need not even be in the grow room and if you had enough optic cable, you might be able to light up multiple plants.

If thats the case I wonder why someone didnt think of it before.

fibre optics, from my understanding, don't change or enhance the light properties, just transfer it with maximum efficiency.

The advantage of this system seems to be that you can deliver the light with very little loss in efficiency through fibre optic cables without the heat. So its not like the normal situation where you gotta keep your HID 400-500 away from the plants to avoid burning. However with the fibre optics, you can deliver the light up close and personal. They say 150W of light up close is equivalent to 1000watter sitting further away. Could be true.

The potential for this system, if it really does work like they say, is huge. You could direct optic light down into the undergrowth of your plants, creating massive buds all over instead of just at the top, and as Buddy pointed out your heat producing light need not even be in the growroom. So it would virtually eliminate the indoor grower's biggest problem. Heat control, which in turn would make effective CO2 injection a much easier task.

The only concern I would have is how well the light disperses as it exits the fibre optic tubes. If they produce concentrated light beams it won't be much chop.....

Had a chance to meet the designer of the hydra-light at the trade show in Vancouver a couple of summers ago.The idea comes from Japanese office buildings.For years they have been piping sunlight through fibre optic strands into the offices hydroponic garden systems.Yes they grow veggies in the offices!Smart buggers.Anyway his design does the same thing except it uses artificial hid lighting to pipe down the optic cable.Quite a neat device.And yes you can get the light very close to the plants,you can even adjust the hydra arms so you get more than 1 shining in the same spot for added intensity.The light unit itself does however give off a fair amount of heat,although this can be ducted out..Just for added info....