ayuhuasca & epilepsy meds

I've had epilepsy for 20yrs & use Tegratol (carbamezapine) to control it, successfully. My concern before I go on this journey is the possible negatives of combining my meds with a MAO inhibitor. It seems that the pharma co's would have you believe that this is a bad combination. On the other hand I did find an article on a study that was done on some 40 clinically depressed people, who were using the Tegratol as a mood stabiliser combined with an MAO antidepressant, with positive results. Has anyone else heard anything about "Carbamezapine & MAO-I" as a combination, whether it be negative or positive ?

We do need more sufferers of epilepsy to vocalise these sorts of topics

"The truth is out there; we are one"

"Ignorance is bliss, but it aint gonna help me this time"

DMT is the most psychoactive constituent of ayahuasca...... If you really want to take ayahuasca without the need for an maoi ...... smoke dmt crystals ... you will hit hyperspace ... guaranteed..... with just one large longgggg toke ...... and you will vapourise..... and you take it in and in and in .... lol (I cant help it, i cant ignore shpongles classic song about dmt with mckenna in it - mckenna speaks about the dmt experience .... ) .....

thanx 4 the input "Syb3",

I will probably do the DMT first anyway (small dose 15mg), if I can handle it I'll do follow ups with gradual increases. Having never done a trip of any kind it's all new 2 me. I've pretty well made up my mind I will do the aya, it's just a case of when. I've heard DMT & ayahuasca r totally different trips. DMT being hard & fast, whereas aya is supposed to be softer & slower. Ur opinion?

ermmm, the most difficult part of experimenting with dmt is honestly having the grit to continue, it is truly unimaginable .... impossible to properly describe with language ............ enjoy it .... When you know you've hit the void you lose consciousness within a second or 2 .... not as scary as it may sound though ...

peace n pot,]

EDIT:- Sorry mate, missed the part about you having your heart set on ayahuasca ..... on the meds you take i can not stress concern enough ... for the maoi action of banisteriopsis caapi with those pharmaceuticals could honestly prove FATAL ...... please be cautious brother ... !

Edited by Syb3 rm3nt41_%20

Thx 4 ur concern Syb3,

I won't be rushing into anything, I still have to have a bit of a talk with my G.P. yet. It'll come together if it's meant to, I gave up trying to force things years ago. :surrender I've not long ordered some caapi & viridis from O.S., if it gets through I'll look at that as a good omen.... Otherwise "c'est la vie".....there's always the green :toke:

Sodium Valporate was used for epilepsy in kids. It is used in conjunction with anti-depressants today.

Only about 5 years ago a doc gave me sodium valporate to control my aggression, it really worked too.

Only took it for around 4months.

It made me sleepy, and distant from others and my mood

didn't change instantly, it took around 30mins instead of 2 seconds

Glad I stopped taking it now.

the.weed.fisherman

Edited by the.weed.fisherman