Temp of Nutes?

I'm growing in a cupboard atm and am expierencing a few problems. main prob keeping the temp under control. I'm going to buy some fans soon so there is proper air flow. My question is..... my DWC buckets are quite warm. like almost warm bath temp. hahaha. this cant be good for the plants. what temp should i be keeping the tubs and what temp should the cupboard be + do i need humdity or not? thanks ppl.

It's good to be back growing again.

Mick

DWC and heat problems really don't go well together.

Best to try and cool the air before the buckets themselves though, anyway if your buckets are as warm as bath water you won't yield anything, you'll find the plants will stretch like crazy into the lights and cause you even more problems so do something about this shit now.

Growing in a cupboard with no fans don't work mate, you'll have to either keep the door open till you get some fans or take the crop out of the cupboard until you can get some fans. For now, open the window of the room you grow in, and get as many regular desk and pedestal fans around the cupboard.

Anyway get some fans and get them soon, if the water stays that hot you will have bad root rot, pissy windy buds, and have big problems with keeping nutrient rate ok, cos of the evaporation. You must be using alot of water.

Anyway get some fans soon as a matter of urgency.

Thanks people, I'll get the fans in straight away, i'm going to make a air in hole and i have one wall with a small hole which goes out side, which i'll make the air out. One question i do have... Is it ok to have fans blasting at the hoods of the lights to keep em cool. I've done this and it seems to keep temp down a bit.

post-9-1070636481_thumb.jpg

Guest Wilderbud
Another quick one. Can air hoses be a few metres long? or will they lose all presssure?

Do you mean ducting?

A few metres is normal for ducting and you wont lose too much pressure. You can buy good fans at a hydro shop for $40-$150 with an on/off switch even [so you can get a humidity controller later].

BTW you should hook chains on the light so its adjustable. Looks like youre a foot over the bright part of the light also [you can see it getting bright a foot above the pots when you look at the wall - ducting the hot air away from the light will let you put it closer than what it is right now]. ;)

Edited by Wilderbud