Baking mediums

Guest Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

My clay balls are in the oven to bake for 15 mins and I was wondering if it was OK to do the same to my perlite?

I gave them a good wash a few hours ago and now I need to dry them out [not enough sun in the plan].

Guest Wilderbud

Blah, I dont have a good enough sieve to do this with. Anytime I heat the perlite up the water goes to the bottom of the wok then its too hot to handle and when it cools the perlite wicks all the water back up - hehe.

I think a metal sieve with a metal collection tray under it is needed to dry perlite in the oven. Ill just sit it out on some flyscreen tomorrow and wash it again. :D

Seems like its OK to bake perlite anyway and theres a tip to dry it out at the same time.

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud
It had algae from being in a bag and wet [i wetted it when I got some out of the bag a few weeks ago - its new perlite]. Its now totally dry and bagged up for later use - Ill just use a dustmask instead of wetting it next time. :D