When to turn lights on to 12/12

Wezz

...I know this has probably been answered a hundred times already, but couldn't find it anywhere :D

Anyway, I got a plant under a few CF's, do I wait untill the leaves (nodes) start to grow alternatly?...it's nice a bushy and I'm thinking of tipping it shortly (mainly for height concerns) but wasn't excacly sure when the best time to place it under a HID (HPS) under12/12.

Any help would be appreciated. ;)

hey Wezz, when u turn ya plant to 12/12 it can streach up to 2/3 of its size that it is so say u have a 1 foot plant it can end up 3 feet tall by the time it finnishers, so it can come down to the size of ya grow chamber just to give u an idear, with the plants being under a cf then puttin it under the HID it will stress them out a bit so just give them a few hours at a time to let them get use to it and u should be on ya way to growing some nice buds :D

Turn the plant before it's mature, (preflowers visible, alternating nodes, usually after between 1.5 and 3 months from seed) and you'll still flower, just nowhere near the potential harvest. The alternating branch pattern is indicating that the plant is "mature" and you'll get a good result if turned then, but before, whilst it will flower and grow, you won't get bugger all compared to the plant which was left to grow to maturity.

This only applies to seed plants really, as clones are taken from already mature or nearly so plants, and thus are biologically older than the equivalently sized seedling. They can be turned at any time.

Hope that helps mate. :D

IMO i would give at least 4 weeks veg 6 weeks is even a little better but that can come down to the size of your chamber, but yer u can just about turn your plants to 12/12 any time but the more u let them mature the better thay will be in then end, and from what i under stand the nodes dont go to alternating nodes until that are budding, but i could be wrong but i dont think so, but if i am wrong some of the other members will give u the rite info.

Guest Wilderbud

Grow it for a couple of months and tip it for clones if you want - youll end up with a lot more growth .: more budsites and youll have some clones for next month and a clone as a mother plant [the growth tip is a good candidate for a mother as it should be the most vigorous clone]. You can flower straight after tipping and you will see a few colas stretching to the light after its healed [theyl have a lot of light too]. :D

NB. you can seal the open wounds with bees wax if you really want to but Ive never done this - a nursery should have some of this or something else to just inhibit disease.

Guest Wilderbud
plant physiology...

Exponential growth is quaint physiology - hehe.

NB. I dont sound like a encyclopedia everyday - I havent had a smoke for over a week *G*. I should really qualify the exponential word because growth can slow also and thats not so quaint. :D

Edited by Wilderbud