How about those trucky movies?

Guest Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

I was bred on trucker movies but forget a lot of them although I can never forget Convoy.

Whats some trucker movies that you like?

Actually I like car and bike movies too so bring them on too. Eat The Peach is a cool Aussie or Kiwi movie about some guys who turn their backyard into a motorbike trickshow [homemade wheel of death]. I love Christine - the movie about a car that was posessed. I also love Repo Man - which was about a mad repo man. Anyone who says Mad Max has to be slapped because its the best car movie ever made. Holy hash oil Im mad on autos! :P

Yeah mate my old man was a truckie too for a while, I luv the Italian Job NOT the new one (well I haven't seen it) but the old one with Mick Caine is great, the chases between the front-wheel drive mini's and the fiats (RWD) is classic, the minis kick ass but hey I luv the old minis so I'm biased. Easy rider but you've seen that probably. I'll have to think of other bike movies, oh the wild one (i thnk), Jimmy Dean hehe I got an old triumph same vintage as in the movies, great bikes and they KICK a hog's ASS on day of the week and twice on sundays.

Guest Wilderbud

Yeah my dad rode a Trumpy also [he raced trucks too and had a license to drive anything basically *envy*] and I like them too but only because they look good, sound good, go good and blow the chrome off a Harley. :P

BTW I dont think Ive seen Easy Rider but I seen The Italian Job on TV recently - Michael Cain was in a couple of good movies although hes a bit of a weirdo IMO [like when he talks to the camera or has a fake accent - hes cool otherwise]. ;)

Yeah my dad rode a Trumpy

Hehe it's my dad's thats a hand me down its an old preunit thunderbird on a BSA frame I think but I can't be sure because the frame number doesn't match any triumph, and i don't think it was a chop job its hot because it has been blue slipped a couple of times without a problem, I can't work it out but I don't really care as it is more a sentimental thing to pass down to my kids and my bro's kids.

Yeah the italian job has its faults like jumping a tiny car with a 1.3L engine with a boot full of gold bars, one word: BULLSH*T

Edited by syk613

yeah, cannonball run was another good car one.

is anybody old enough to remember these classics.

bj and the bear. a trucker that travelled around the countryside with a chimpanzee. i think they may have solved mysteries or some shit

and the aussie cult biker movie stone.

yeah wb i agree mad max kicked ass!

hey remember that excellent car chase scene in the blues brothers

they totally trashed that shopping mall

loved it!

Guest Wilderbud

Yeah I had to watch Cannonball run and the Smoky movies so many damn times. I liked the Japanese guy who had the computerized car and the part where the car changed colour in the wash bay - I had those toy cars that changed colour [changeables I think].

I may as well post this site that might have movies like this; http://www.moviesforguys.com/ - I havent looked hard but they had some good stuff there when I had a glance. I like shaolin, ninja, fantasy and barbarian stuff too [theres probably more cool sub-genres to talk about in other threads if anyone wants to start - mwahaha - I love auto movies mostly].

I have no movies at all so Im pretty lame [i dont even have a VCR or DVD but will get a DVD some day].

being a proud hog owner ( and let me tell you, they blow the trumpies away, B)) I gotta go with easyrider as the ultimate in road films.

aussie flicks like stone and mad max rip too.

the movie 'Road trip ' cracks me up if you like corn ball american college flicks.

But the all time hands down winner of the road trip film is "fear and loathing in Las Vegas". If you haven't seen this movie, stop what you are doing and go to your local video ezy or whatever and rent this baby.

This movie came close to doing the book justice, and thats a big call IMO