Pineapple Chunk woe's

PC’s getting fucked up, top leaves have the dreaded curl. I run rdwc, nutes never go above 1000ppm, lots of clean cool bubbles and the water is changed every week and it is kept at 19deg 24/7, temp is around 31c, humidity 62. In the pic’s there are 6 plants, 5x Medicine Man and 1 Pineapple Chunk. The MM’s have no curling issues at all, these where put in over a 4 week period, the PC is getting way ahead. I have had a serious stretching issue, we had a taste of summer while they where stretching, the room went to 34c & 80% humidity for a couple of weeks. Thats why the room is so over crowded, have had to snap over heaps of stems and am still doing so.

post-44248-0-96203000-1320834614_thumb.jpg post-44248-0-29924700-1320834796_thumb.jpg post-44248-0-40064400-1320835061_thumb.jpg post-44248-0-91494400-1320835202_thumb.jpg

So guy's any ideas on the curl?

Vrod

Just curious how long do plants usually stretch for Vrod??

I int Vrod, But it depends on the plant, mate. Indicas flower shorter and stretchj less, but sativas (also dependant on how long they flower for) Can stretch lots longer.

Indicas also stretch Less in general, (ie, making more compact bushes) Whilst Sativas are more tree like (generally)

Heat is a killer mate :thumbdown:

All the best for summer...

peace

c

Hey Chato,

Managed to get through a few summers without AC, last summer with all the rain & a cyclone I had some bud rot issues, but only a few buds. It's hard when the outside temps don't go below 30.

But with the chiller ( which costs the same to run as a small AC ) the water temp is always 19 and that helps to cool the bottom half of the room, but once the temps get over 32 the condensation is huge, its all well lagged but still drops alot of water on the floor which does not help with humidity.

Vrod.

Yeah it's a double edged sword at times mate

Few things you might consider

Run nutes and ph a little lower, plants will be working hard but not eating as much if you know what i mean and a lighter hand will be much better imo and easier to adjust.

De-humidifier will help with condensation even better but ofc not cheapest option is humidy and dehumidy together linked to a barometer.

Using an a/c to chill the water and room is a way to kill two birds with one stone as well...

Could also try bumping your temp up to 22 and even at lights off if your around you can bump it to 24, will mean less condensation. I've read a bit about root temps and according to a few peeps slightly higher night temps results in faster growth. Not easy to do though unless you're able to constantly change your temp setting.

Just some thoughts, best of luck mate :)

peace

c