wild thailand seeds

hi guys i was thinking of purchasing some feminized seeds of wild thailand, pretty nicely priced seeds and apparently some pretty good smoke so i was just wondering if anyone here in oz has grown this

strain out before, i cant really find much info on it. because thailand is a very humid and wet place does anyone know if it will do good in the ozzi climate wich is much cooler in the fall than thailand?

hi guys i was thinking of purchasing some feminized seeds of wild thailand, pretty nicely priced seeds and apparently some pretty good smoke so i was just wondering if anyone here in oz has grown this

strain out before, i cant really find much info on it. because thailand is a very humid and wet place does anyone know if it will do good in the ozzi climate wich is much cooler in the fall than thailand?

yea , good q . :bongon:

i say buy em and grow em and cross em , thats just me ..

i got the highlandthai\highlandthai .. am having a go .

yea , any good weed grow here in oz

ev

yea well thats the plan ev, i do play around with a few genetics and i have a bag of NL pollen in the freezer i could use . i had trouble with molding buds last autumn, so would be good to have something that can handle the moisty aussie outdoors fall.

i also got 5 regular white widow seeds bought off seedsman sprouting up right now in a green house,hopefully i can get a good male out of that so i can store its pollen for my breeding stock, that would be the shit man! i would call it.... the Thai Widow!!! hahah :bongon:

alright i will purchase these seeds soon!

Edited by 8 foot sativa

Hey 8FS Welcome to Os mate. How do you find keeping pollen in the freezer. You got much experience with it? Sounds very convenient. Cheers..

Btw have you any more information regarding the traits of these particular thai seeds? They thai strains can all vary.... Wild could mean anything . Also if breeding I'd be more inclined to use regular seed but thats moslty doue to my unfounded distrust of feminised seed.

Cheers mate. Interesting topic :peace:

grew wild thai a couple of seasons back, the one the attitude has from" Ko Chang" its a strong smoke though a pain in the arse to clean. It grows with a high calyx to leaf ratio which is why its a pain to clean but pretty trippy type smoke. I have heard of it being used for breeding as its up there with potency. Yeild wasn't bad, though it was prone to mold. It was a mongrel season for most on the east coast though, grew chocolope along with it and liked it heaps more. Cheers Herman :thumbsup: Edited by hermananian

Hey 8FS Welcome to Os mate. How do you find keeping pollen in the freezer. You got much experience with it? Sounds very convenient. Cheers..

Btw have you any more information regarding the traits of these particular thai seeds? They thai strains can all vary.... Wild could mean anything . Also if breeding I'd be more inclined to use regular seed but thats moslty doue to my unfounded distrust of feminised seed.

Cheers mate. Interesting topic :peace:

hi there river rat, sorry for the late reply,.

yes.. i have had lots of success breeding using stored pollen from the freezer, ive got a bag of NL pollen in the freezer thats been in ther for about nearly 2 years now and its still sterile.. i keep it in a film canister and only sprinkle a bit of pollen out at a time so that the cannister never comes out, let the pollen you are gonna use warm up to room temp and then apply it to a selected clone using a womans make up brush and then isolate the pollinated plant.

ive done this heaps of times and it always worked!!! it would be good if seed banks sold fresh pollen from good male breeding stock, nothing better than having an arsenal of top genetics on hand!

:bongon: also i dont really know much of the traits of the thai varietys all i know is that it should be 100 percent sativa and have a very long flower time and it should be very mold resistant as thailand is such a humid place.

Edited by 8 foot sativa

grew wild thai a couple of seasons back, the one the attitude has from" Ko Chang" its a strong smoke though a pain in the arse to clean. It grows with a high calyx to leaf ratio which is why its a pain to clean but pretty trippy type smoke. I have heard of it being used for breeding as its up there with potency. Yeild wasn't bad, though it was prone to mold. It was a mongrel season for most on the east coast though, grew chocolope along with it and liked it heaps more. Cheers Herman :thumbsup:

[/quote

ok thanks for you reply, yes it was a terrible season for the east coast last grow. and this time around the spring is shit! too many inconsistent days of fluctuating temps and alot of overcast days has sent a few of my outdoor NL crosses a bit troppo and they are already flowering for some reason, if my memory serves me right im sure NL had a splash of ruderalis in it way back in the gene pool. hopefully this is the case!

anyway back to the topic... i would of thought that it would be very mold resistant being from hot and sweaty thailand. thats the most important trait im looking for to use for breeding stock, next to potency! last year outdoors here in oz i had mold probs with my outdoor indicas so im really looking for something thats acclimatized for the conditions.

i know the south indian and brazilian varietys do very well here in oz and thats why ive got some White widow as it is a cross of the both. i just hope i can find a male out of the 5 i have growing as its pollen would be most favorable. this is my first time growing with white widow so any info from anyone in oz who has grown them outdoors in australia would be highly apprecited! also any 1st hand info from anyone regarding mold resistant strains would also be appreciated :bongon:

Hey Again 8foot. Thanks for the reply mate. Thats usefull info to me. Ill start freezing my pollen for sure now.

OK regarding moldproof strains ive run KC brains mango here in the tropics quite a few times and I rate it highly. They seemed to have changed the strain a couple of years back and now i find it more sativa. Not sure what thats about but Im still finding phenos I like. Im looking forward to buying perhaps my 5th pack of it this year. I plat to seed it this year and perhaps cross also . The kcbrains site sais 6-9 weeks but I've found them to go more like 9 - 12 weeks and found phenos from earthy too real lemon stench. Amazing resin production.

Theres one suggestion for you anyway.

Cheers mate :peace:

Hey Again 8foot. Thanks for the reply mate. Thats usefull info to me. Ill start freezing my pollen for sure now.

OK regarding moldproof strains ive run KC brains mango here in the tropics quite a few times and I rate it highly. They seemed to have changed the strain a couple of years back and now i find it more sativa. Not sure what thats about but Im still finding phenos I like. Im looking forward to buying perhaps my 5th pack of it this year. I plat to seed it this year and perhaps cross also . The kcbrains site sais 6-9 weeks but I've found them to go more like 9 - 12 weeks and found phenos from earthy too real lemon stench. Amazing resin production.

Theres one suggestion for you anyway.

Cheers mate :peace:

hey bud, nice suggestion! ill look into that! did you buy directly from kc or did you go through a middleman like herbies,attitude etc? i remember years ago here in sydney mango was everywhere and it had that real sweet tropical fruit stench and we all loved it! dam would be nice to get some of that....

i find that the seedbanks always downsize the flowering time info to make it more appealing to customers, so if they say its 8 weeks indoor, its really gonna be about 9 to 11 weeks, as soon as my next order shows up hopefully today ill have a look at getting some, i ordered mr nice's SHARK SHOCK regular seeds from seedsman, its a cross of white widow and skunk 1, once these show up ill do some shopping around for some thai strains and mango

:bongon: