help?

Guest evanmang

Guest evanmang

Hey guys,

I've only been smoking 9 months and wanted to try my hand at cooking. Unfortunately I have limited if any access to getting leaves. In making cannibis butter is it OK if i just use the weed I buy off my friends and ordinarily smoke?

I'm sorry- please excuse my ignorance, Im a real newb!!!

you need a fair bit of leaf to get good cannabutter, so I would say no, dont bother using a 20 of buds or whatever, your better off smoking it, but ask around for leaf when your getting sticks, either that or go plant some seeds and you'll have plenty to cook with later on.

and we dont mind if your a newb as long as you got your pubes.

gotta be 18 to come here.

Ive heard of a thing called "LEary Biscuit" where you break up some buds, stick them on a jatz in the microwave with cheese on top & eat it, although I haven't tried this or known anyone who has.

Around "silly season" (feb-march when everyone's crops are coming in) do as white cluster said and ask round for some leaf. I've used a bag about the size of 2 grapefruit to a 250g block of butter but it was pretty pissweak mullbutter.

Guest evanmang

thanks guys! im trying to cut back on the smoking and while i lack the leaves- could i possibly throw my buds I smoke into things like ramen noodles (after theyre cooked of course)???

again, sorry for the dumb questions! lol

Guest Wilderbud
Make some caramelized buds or chop up and make garlic-bud bread if you want to eat bud - Ive done the caramellized bud but not the bread and it was OK but wasteful as eating gives a weak high [use leftovers only IMO]. Eat it one day you havent had any weed or food and itll give you the best effect.

Guest evanmang
Make some caramelized buds or chop up and make garlic-bud bread if you want to eat bud - Ive done the caramellized bud but not the bread and it was OK but wasteful as eating gives a weak high [use leftovers only IMO]. Eat it one day you havent had any weed or food and itll give you the best effect.

so the high from eating bud is generally weak? thats no good i guess.

mate if done right the high from eating can be much much stronger and overpowering than your average smoke session. much easier to overdose too. 99's idea of nuking buds with cheese would work I guess. basically you need to cook with something that has fat or oil in it. So noodles by themselves won't work.

yeah I can't see anything wrong with using bud for cannabutter. but as WC said, its and expensive way to do it. If you grow your own its no worries because you usually got more bud than you need anyway. My last batch of cannabutter was made of loose lower bud mainly and it is potent as anything. I made 500grams (used 750grams of butter to start with). 100grams makes about 50-60 small cookies. one of which gives a nice pleasant high that lasts for 3-4 hours. two will sit me on my arse for the good part of the day and 3 will send me on a very heavy trip.

Guest weepurple

Here is a nice recipe!

If you like steak the this is what you need.

A nice bit of sirloin,

Some new potaoes.

red wine,

Balsamic vinegar.

Sugar,

mushrooms.

mangetoute,

Gravy powder.

put potaoes onto boil,

Saute mushrooms in wine 1/4 bottle and reduce.

add about 2 table spoons of balsamic vinegar into mushrooms and a spoon full of sugar.

Then add a small spoon of gravy powder into a cup with a small amount of wine and stirr in slowly.

Now grind up about a 1/4 of nice bud without any leaves.

Add to mixture slowly and turn heat off.

Put mangetoute into steamer for about 15 mins

Next cook steak the way you like it 3 mins each side for medium rare.

lightly heat sauce again (do not Boil)

Drain potatoes add butter small amount

Serve steak and mangetoute then drizzle on sauce.

This is absolutely lovely try and enjoy.

Weepurple. :) ::):