need to raise ph help

hey guys and gals i had a look around on the forum but couldnt find anything on raising the ph level i only had a quick 10 min look though.i'm growing auto purple ak47.my soil is seals premium potting mix just needed something untill i make up my own blend.i've used this potting mix before with good results.my new soil ph metre arrived the smourning so i thought i would go down and just check the soil more to just test the ph metre and to my suprise the ph is only sitting on 3 i need to raise it quick i cant see any issues by the look of the plant and the ph metre is all calibrated and in fine working order so it is my soil.i've got dolomite just not to sure on how much to add to water to feed to plants.i use a 10 litre watering bucket.any help would be great need to get the ph up.

If you don't want to use chemical fertilizers then you can put some clean firewood ash (i.e. no plastic or other dodgy foreign objects burnt in it) around the base of your plant and that'll raise the pH. It loads up the soil with potassium too so when your plant is starting to flower do the same thing.

If you can't get your hands on ash then use Dolomite Lime which can be purchased from any nursery.

//Edit

As brick50 said, check the water pH each time before applying.

Edited by daemon