BAG SEED ... mystery strain .. guess it

http://www.planetskunk.com/forum/files/dcp_0886.jpg:) well ... I'm new ...

a friend gave me some bag seed ... ( a friend in need .etc. )

5 girls germed out of 7 since mid august... now slowly flowering.

this is my first grow ... I have read a great deal on many bulletins , & been to all the major grow tips forums. Downloaded heaps of research material & grow guides.. Felt passionate about all the information I have gathered , enough to write my own thesis called , "Marijuana Prohibition .. a thesis on the laws of opression , the laws of regression"... having distilled all the knowledge gathered from many internet sites ,enough to get a very informed , clear view of the big picture.... It's quite long but would be happy to post it here... I wrote it as an intellectual challenge for the argument of pro - legalisation , harm minimisation & educating the public about the truths of Marijuana use. I found the ignorance & stupidity of current prohibition laws more than a little frustrating & absurd. My vote goes to legalise it...( for some strange reason I thought it would be my official statement that I would read out in court if I ever did get caught .. perish the thought ! ) but they only administer the laws , not change them ... changing teh law is the realm of politics .. I hate politics & pollies .. & mistrust every last one of them ..

Marijuana should be legalised for all the right reasons ... although I would keep it for adults only ... children already have active minds & do not require additional stimulation.

thanks to all the info available on the net , I now have 5 relatively healthy girls on their way to blooming. although a little winnowy & slender at the moment because they probably don't get quite enough sun .. they may yet fill out as they bloom ... I know it's risky in a climate of blinkered politicking , corruption & shadey grey areas.... the one thing I am sure of , is that Marijuana is a wonderful plant , with some marvellous properties. I have to admit smoking quite a bit in the 70s as a teen & then giving it up to get my life into shape .. recently I have come back to the herb for creative inspiration , some marvellous euphoric joy & some oeace of mind with greater enhanced self awareness... no I don't just do it to get off my face. I talk to God & get to know myself better... True !

In fact most of you will be dissapointed to learn that I barely use the size of a dried sultana ... once a fortnight.. the effects of some stuff , friends have given me.. are extremely potent.. & a bit disturbing becuase I'm not used to it... paranoia is an issue I have to constantly keep under control... but all the same .. I love the herb... love the buzzy afterglow ... & will use it with respect , not abuse it... I'm very sensitive to it's er ... properties... & don't want to become a deadhead...

I am patiently looking forward to my first harvest , clean & natural .I sincerely believe creation has a rightful place on this earth for it ... whatever your religion .. I thank God for everything..including Cannabis. It's a beautiful world & LIFE is very very special.

I don't know what strain I have chanced apon , the "bagseed" came up with have indica dom types & more like sativa types ... 50/50 .... some are dark green , small & bushy ... & light geen taller , larger leaves & later flowering... there isn't enough difference between the sisters to make a big deal out of it .. but from what I have learned .. it may be an unstable F2 variety cross between , northern lights & skunk... that's the rumour when I asked my friend what it was.

I had a small drama with spider mites , but eliminated them with a safe herbicde pesticide ( hate chems ) .. & cleaned the rest up by hand.. oh what joy it was to find them & smear them between my fingers .. oh what joy it was to not find them as well... he he

grow conditions are a bit tubs , in natural soil mix , window with direct morning sun for 2 hours & good incident light the rest of the day .. I'll take the sunlight anyday over lights.. it's FREE .. I'm trying the best compormise I can without neighborhood friendlies detecting my grow...

it already smells a little ..( nice smell actually ) ... but I haven't a clue for sure... I'll post some pics .. does anyone know what strain these could be ?... they are just starting to flower

thanks for your response & views..

give us freedom of choice... then you will see what we really think of your stupid prohibition laws..

from "free choice"

P.S. before you think I'm some kind of airy fairy .. I'm not .. I play heavy metal as well as Jazz & classical .. & I have an open , explorative mind. ... good sense of humour & like all kinds of people. :)

Edited by free choice

Looks like cannabis to me. There are really only 3 strains, indica, sativia and ruderalis. Most of these designer brand names are basically just crosses with all the bells and whistles. I don't think you could tell which brand name it is. You can get quite good strains from bagseed, just wait till you harvest and see if its any good.

Chief

Depends totally on which botanist you talk to. There are several different views on the subspecies of Cannabis sativa, some think there aren't any except the base C. Sativa and all else are merely varieties as opposed to true subspecies, some think that C. Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, Chinensis, should be considered as independent species of the genus... most tend to come somewhere between that. As to whether IBL's and bred complex hybrid "strains" are really that, is something that has to be worked out.

There isn't a defined nonclemature around the world for cannabis, as it's prohibited most places, and research is also banned. Still, there are some working on it, and as time goes along and more molecular analysis is done on the genetics and the "real" relationships between the subspecies/varieties and bred strains, I feel we'll have a greater understanding.

As to the bagseed plant, it's exactly that, if you don't know you don't know. So you can only grow em and see. In their present position you won't get anything like the potential of the plants, 2 hrs direct sun is nowhere near enough. Got a cheapo light meter? See how much it gets, you'll probably be shocked. Still, they do look healthy, as far as they can be really, so I suppose you must be doing something okay. It's only a matter of time to see what the end buds will be like... how far along is she? Like when were the first flowers really starting to come on, as opposed to just pre-flowers....

Anyway, good luck mate, and welcome to the site.

hey free choice...

nice lookin plants. Hey, you gotta love the net eh....so much info available out there. :)

I'd love to have a read of your thesis too, post it matey.

Plus keep them pics comin too, might be a tad early to tell what strain they are. Plus to guess it, would take an Einstein'..... ::):

There are really only 3 strains, indica, sativia and ruderalis.

There is also C. chinensis that I know of. I believe there may be a few more lesser knowns as well.

Anyway, the best way to identify how good it is, is to flower it, to its full potential and see. Good luck.

chinensis is bullshit, there is indica, sativa and ruderalis. chinensis comes from the old days and is cannabis from china obviously, in the old days indica was cannabis from india, there was heaps of tother names, c. sativa L., c. femina, c. orientalis, c. erraticca, c. americana, they are just names given by botanists at some point in time mostly based around where the plant came from and not its specific traits, but later studies have determined there is 3 types of cannabis derived from 1.

Chinensis has been a name thrown around recently because the biggest ego on the internet breeder steve claims there is C. Chinensis in one of his strains, maybe there is some chinese indica in there, maybe not, chinese indica gets around as clone and seeds and hybrids anyways, looks shitty.

@ free choice,

Even if it wasn't bagseed we couldnt tell you what strain it was. But good luck and hope they get you some good buds, yeah 2 hours direct sunlight isn't much, but you can still grow some nice buds with it and I hope you do, good luck mate. You wont have to smoke them sultanas any more.

QUOTE (Spurious @ Nov 8 2003, 09:13 PM)

There are really only 3 strains, indica, sativia and ruderalis.

There is also C. chinensis that I know of. I believe there may be a few more lesser knowns as well.

Anyway, the best way to identify how good it is, is to flower it, to its full potential and see. Good luck.

chinensis is bullshit, there is indica, sativa and ruderalis. chinensis comes from the old days and is cannabis from china obviously, in the old days indica was cannabis from india, there was heaps of tother names, c. sativa L., c. femina, c. orientalis, c. erraticca, c. americana, they are just names given by botanists at some point in time mostly based around where the plant came from and not its specific traits, but later studies have determined there is 3 types of cannabis derived from 1.

Chinensis has been a name thrown around recently because the biggest ego on the internet breeder steve claims there is C. Chinensis in one of his strains, maybe there is some chinese indica in there, maybe not, chinese indica gets around as clone and seeds and hybrids anyways, looks shitty.

My sentiments exactly. There is a lot of bullshit. Most of it is bullshit. icon3.gif

A good deal of interaction here is bullshit.

Without a bit of bullshit getting flung around, it'd be a pretty boring forum. You're always up for a good thought based stoush, WC. I like that. :)

edit-bad initial choice of colour

Edited by Spurious