Sick little Jack

conman

Hey everyone

I got some Jack Herer seeds around 2 weeks ago, I started this little one in ph adjusted rockwool.

After 2 weeks under the 80w I moved her under the 600w HPS with about 50cm hight.

I grow DWC style in a single bucket, I currently have 1 two inch airstone(should get a few more this week)

Im using RO water pH adjusted to 6.0 and the water has been holding there.

1/32 strenght nutes(very week) 2ml A 2ml B in 15L of water.

Temps are between 20-26c Humidity is low at around 20-30%

The roots look a little brown not the white they should be.

Well she started off ok, then the first set started to yellow, the new growth looked fine.

Came home today and it looks like the second set has drooped and starting to look a little sick.

Any ideas??

post-11415-0-54479500-1315994941_thumb.jpg

hey conman,

i love jack herer, :thumbsup: i don't grow dwc so can't offer any advise sorry.. just think it might be an idea to take that foil away ..

my understanding is that it reflects the light unevenly and isn't good for the plants.. jack's can take a bit of punishment as i learned from experience my first grow :blush:, so she'll bounce back soon as ya work out what she wants.. they just sulk until ya do ;)

:peace:

i love jack herer, :thumbsup: i don't grow dwc so can't offer any advise sorry.. just think it might be an idea to take that foil away ..

my understanding is that it reflects the light unevenly and isn't good for the plants.. jack's can take a bit of punishment as i learned from experience my first grow :blush:, so she'll bounce back soon as ya work out what she wants.. they just sulk until ya do ;)

:peace:

Thanks Dani,

It's good to know she will take a lot of punnishment! I really want a come back from her!

I have also read that foil reflects light uneven.

Time to cover up the light proof tape with mylar see if that helps...

I think Chato recomended the tape maybe he uses a different type???

Im willing to try anything at this point... Light proof foil tape covered!

Panda film white side up is another good option. Where do you measure temp, as in just in the room or right on top of the bucket where the plant is? I would love to see a photo of the roots, and are they or the inside of the bucket slimey? Are you new to DWC (only cause I'm wondering how much advice to give)?

A bit more humidity would be beneficial too, if a bucket of wateer just sitting in there doesn't help let us know. I'll try to think of some more stuff.

Naycha :peace:

Panda film white side up is another good option. Where do you measure temp, as in just in the room or right on top of the bucket where the plant is? I would love to see a photo of the roots, and are they or the inside of the bucket slimey? Are you new to DWC (only cause I'm wondering how much advice to give)?

A bit more humidity would be beneficial too, if a bucket of wateer just sitting in there doesn't help let us know. I'll try to think of some more stuff.

Naycha :peace:

Hello Naycha

I get the temps from on top of the bucket... It got upto 29c today but that shouldn't be much of a problem.

I have put 2 buckets of water in the room to try and help with the humidity. Thanks for the idea

This is my 2nd DWC, the first one with 3 plants went better than I could have dreamed.

It got me excited to do another run. This time I am using a tent 1.2*1.2*1.8

it is a little smaller than the space I had last time but im only going to focus on the 1 plant so it should be more than enough room.

I will post a grow diary when I go into flower... I just have to find out what she likes!