Can my babies still make it?

I gave these seeds to a mate to look after while I was on holidays. Came back and they turned out like this:

http://i.imgur.com/BgIhb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7Y0ll.jpg

I just arrived so don't know what his setup was, judging by the crop obviously wasn't a very good one :P.

I was hoping for them to be a little taller so I can start planting them out in the garden. The soil looks rubbish and I'll be replacing it with some real stuff when the store opens. Is there any way of recovery? There's still a bit of green on them so I have some hope :).

Go easy boys, He is a Newbie.

No use giving a reply unless you are going to be constructive.

Your plants are definately dead as dead. DON'T GO TO BUNNINGS TO GET YOUR SOIL MIX THEY DON'T HAVE ANY DECENT STUFF.

Go to a Local Nursery and tell em ya growing Tomato plants and ask for the best they have. If it has ANY BARK in it then go to another Nursery.

If you want the ultimate soil replacement then Coco Coir is the ticket, but it requires you to have specific nutrients a lot of reading and a P.H. Meter ETC.

If you are not prepared to do any research then give the game away Bloke. This game is not for the lazy Gardener

• Upvote 1