MOTHER PLANTS

I'd like to keep several strains on the go to reduce the "tolerance" problems some.

My question:

Can I keep different mother plant strains under the same light or do they need to be separated.

Grew 2 strains together once, all feminised and all turned male and was told that was because mixing strains was a no no (why?), BUT what about the mothers?

Thanks

Havnt done it meself, but have seen a couple of threads on other sites.

Yeah I was checking out some threads on this site last night.. aparently it's possible but I still am yet to see any pics.. Mostly people were talking about grafting several strains on one plant to flower but obviously with different flowering times that would be frought with issues.. but i sure would like to have a mum out the back with half a dozen strains on her back..

heya Justjuli =), to keep mothers properly, you need a seperate area, old cupboards painted flat white inside and with ventilation rigged up are ideal, can keep 4 or so Mothers in there, then ya have either outdoor grows and use the mums clones, or use the clones to grow under lights. The Mothers don't need heaps of light, so a 130W CFL globe in the Bluer spectrum 14,000K will do nicely.

You can also use the same area to get ya clones ready........ Have a read in Cannaversity, there is some awesome info on Mothers and setting up grow area, click the Cannaversity logo below and it will take you there. =)

Peace. Gh72