Hey all i have some Northern Lights clones comeing next week :) (cant wait)when i get them can i put them strait under my 400w hps, i want to tip them as wel can i do this as soon as i get them, or do thay need a day or two under the light first and what would u say would be the min amount of time vegin before turning to 12/12 :)

Guest Wilderbud

If you want a bushy plant just FIM it so the main bud stays but it you want a screen of buds then tip it 2 times instead. Dont cut it straight away - let it settle in for a week.

Tip or FIM at 6" or over - you should get about 4 sets of strong branches under the cut then do it again if you want after a week - it should have healed and grown the top out by then if its on 24/0 and healthy.

I havent grown NL so it might not need tipped or fimmed as its grown for indoors IIRC.

Hey all i got my clones today :) i dident get the NL i got G13 and GWS, now i have planted them when i got them i put them in with VB 2 that i have going under the HID, but i have not turned my HID on as when i went to have a look at them thay all have gone a bit limp i gess this is due to them being planted now i dont realy want to put my HID on wile thay look a bit droopy as i think it mite hurt them thay were well watered in when i planted them so i have put 2 18w cf in there to give them a bit of light do yas think thay will be ok and should i leave the cf on them for a day or to to let them get over the stress of being planted, shit i hope i dont loose them.

regards

ozmade

Edited by ozmade

Hey ppl, i got my clones 4 days ago i got 2 G13 and 2GWS i have lost i G13 as when i got it it dident have any roots so i had an idear i was going to loose it that was cool, now with my other 3 when i got them i put them strait into 70/30 mix of perl/vernic i dont know how the clones were started but thay were not done in rock wool, when i got them the roots were wraped in a damp cloth all three had a main root about 1-1/12 inchers long with a few other smaller ones, thay went a bit droopy when i 1st planted them but came good after a little wile and i have had them under a copple cf, last night was the 1st time i put my HID on and with in an hour thay were all drooped rite over so i turned it off as i did not want to fry them my hid is about 70cm away from them when i put it on but that seem not to be able to handle it so what do u guys think, any advice and help would be grate please as i dont want to loose them, oh yer thay are on 1/2 stranght nutes every 4 hours for 15mins feed, i think that is all if ya want to know anything eals just ask and i will do my best to tell yas so pleasssseeeee lol

Guest Wilderbud

3 days should be enough time without the HID. I would have just put it 1M away for a few days and had it on from day 1 but I dont know how good the clones are so cant say if it would have killed them or not.

Vermiculture changes PH if you dont soak it so test your water and also make sure 4 hours is enough time to let the top of the medium dry off. Half-strength is good for a week or two.

If its clones through the mail it might be best to ask the supplier to just send cuttings instead [8" ones] so you can do the cloning yourself - Id bet more would survive this way - disturbing roots isnt good.

just an up date on my clones i put them under the my HID at 4pm to day as that it what time i have set to come on and thay are doing well so far so my stress has gone rite down lol i will be veging them foe about 10 days and then turning them to 12/12 i will keep ya up dated on how thay go.

vermiculite has neutral pH. It also is one of the best pH buffering mediums out there, it doesn't change pH at all.

oh yer thay are on 1/2 stranght nutes every 4 hours for

drop the nutes to a 1/4 strength till they get some new leaf growth, also use bloom nutes instead of grow till they show new leaf. Good luck with it all, the un-rooted clone probably would have rooted over time.

i will be veging them foe about 10 days and then turning them to 12/12 i will keep ya up dated on how thay go.

I wouldn't unless I only want 3 oz or so max. do you have a microgrow?? cos 10 days veg is a joke, and under any real light you'll need more plants to flower that early. a G13 clone flowered at 10 days would yield absolute nothing, like a 1/4 or so, they don't stretch at all, the GWS also likes veg to give the really big buds, but it suits the role of a SOG plant more (even though its hell bushy) cos it has big stretch for indica, my clone does anyways, dunno about rodwals.

Anyhoo, give them a 2 or 3 weeks veg at least.