Ya not wrong I went and seen a friend of my in sydney the other day I was on one of them bloody buses with one of the many old men that drive the god forsaken things and I just happen to have a bag of weed on me in one of them thin crappy bags I had it in the same pocket as I had my white ox in couldn't smell a damn thing but when I went to sought out my pockets bad mistakes from taking my smokes out it almost stunk the whole bus out because of the aroma of the buds that I have at the moment I wont be doing that again in a hurry thank god that most of the people on the bus where not pot smokers thank god

Mate, I reckon you'll be alright walking on. I'd really like to say that you wont even see a dog, or be asked for veggies or fruit going on the boat, but because I havent done that, I have just can't say for sure.

On the boat, going both ways, there were a couple smokes passed around.

Getting off a plane into Devonport, or Launceston, they ask ya on the tarmac to declare freuit and veg. sangas, etc... But getting on a plane to come to the mailand, they most definately, positively dont. Well, they havent asked me in the many times I have done the trip.

But they have dogs in the airport, sniffing around baggage, again presumably coming off only, but they are there on the premises.

I've only traveled on the ferry to the mainland once I think. It was the spew cat, and there was no search, no questions, no dogs; but again, I drove on.

I wish I could assure you 100% you'll have no trouble, but all I can say is I reckon you'll be right. I'm assuming you're talking under a couple oz. too btw. Anything over that and the smell is likely to give you away just about anywhere on public transport.

cheers

rob

Our fruit and veggies are disease and pest free, fruit and veggies leaving the state are not seen as a risk to mainland crops so Customs aren't concerned about what goes out so much as what comes in. However there is always the risk that the dogs could be there looking for other things leaving the state.

:ph34r:

dudes

Happy to clear a few things up.

The Tassie Beagles work for the Tasmanian Department of Agriculture, nothing to do with Customs. Only bring this up because we hate being confused.

Ag Dept aren't the narks Customs are. We're interested in your weed because of its potetial to introduce new pests or diseases to the state, not because of its legal status.

The dogs are to protect tasmania so they don't bother with what's leaving the state.

Take it north by the truck load! No one is there to check it.

I have read and been told that wrapping your stash in fresh coffee will render the cannabis scent undetectable to the wet-nosed bastards, and while this may qualify as an unusual smell and still gain attention, bulk gourmet beans should seem innocent enough. I live in north Queensland and will be partaking in a pilgrimage to my native apple isle December/January with quality plant matter accounting for most of my luggage, including the swaps and purchases I make in the various cities en route. I have been in northern exile since the eighties and knowing not what to expect of Tassie herb I would appreciate some insight from any local herbalists.