Deep Water Culture

wassily

I've been using DWC for a few years now, though I didn't know it had a name ;)

I used to use white buckets that Kitty Litter came in - very similar to greek feta buckets or yoghurt buckets but much bigger (if you know what i mean...) 10L 's (from memory - dubious prospect :) ) they came with a lid that I used to cut an X into and stuff the root basket thingie in there. Held them in place really well, no worry about holes being too big or whatever. Very self contained little model :)

but over time the buckets deteriorated around their perimetre so i switched to a largish black plastic (Nylex brand?) utility box with a loose lid that i cut 2 holes for grow baskets. Mary's roots just swim in the water/nutrients, lots of room to move and a couple of air hoses to keep things moving about and providing oxygen.

I've never had any trouble with anything, even though i am as thick as 2x4 and slack with it ;) Currently I have a Durban PoisonX Skunk Haze and a Durban Poison revegging and hope a cutting from DPXSH survives as it is my first cross ;)

I use a SonT 400 and MegaBloom A&B Veg NPK: 30:9:15

and Flow NPK: 3.5:30:12.5.

cheers,

Bubble