Seedling Problems

My seeds sprouted in soil and I transplanted carefully to coco/perlite 70/30

I gave the coco a good flush, it was a dutch brand and i dont think thats the problem,

I watered initially with a 10percent THC Cocco nutrient as I didn't think my medium had any of the neccassary nutrients for my plants

Two weeks later growth is very slow, I haven't been over watering, allow it to dry at least an inch before watering, what gives?

Note I have found Super lemon haze to be alot harder to get started than any nirvana strains I've tried, I did accidently dry out one seed in paper towel but the second suffered from a splash of water and derooted and wouldn't grow, third time lucky? Dr Grow may think otherwise I'm still hopeful..

post-44319-0-85755400-1313673433_thumb.jpg

post-44319-0-37669100-1313673456_thumb.jpg

Good question! heh, I stupidly had thought that as my coco was rated at ph 6.4 and I had only watered (we have filtered water) and lightly fertilised that it my ph wouldn't be an issue. I have not needed to measure ph so far in my soil grow, but after borrowing a Ph meter I have since found my filtered tap water to be at ph5.6, with the addition of nutrients was probably low 5's and hence I see where my problem lies, u asked the right question.

Am not sure if the meter is faulty when i first measure my tap water it was 7.4x but after testing some other things eg ph down sample cup I had a more consistant reading of 5.6x

Flushed with 300ppm water at 6.4 today

Run off was consistant with initial reading

Awaiting improvements

I dont have an ec reader on the meter and am still unsure how this is relevant if I may be enlightened?

On second analysis I can't get a consistant reading at all, The ph meter seems to just like counting in one direction or the other and wont sit still at any one particular reading, think ill have to invest in a new one

do they sell these at bunnings?

Edited by mjfish

Sorry Bunnings do not sell the meters have a look on ebay for the cheap jobs as well as the better ones.

EC tells you what your feeding your plants, if it is coming out at higher or same rate as your feeding with some investigation needs to be done.

For coco you need your PH to be around 5.8 + or - a little you will see by the chart.

:oldman:

pHrange.jpg

unfortunately this thing plugs into the wall, need a new one i think, the strange thing is it seems to react to nutriet additions down by .5 ph i mean and to the ph up and downs, but then if i say half what became 3.0 and fill back up with the original 7.2ph filtered tap water lets say as it was reading tonight it still remains low 4's It must be buggered i've tried controlled experiments i dont know, it might not like operating when being plugged in just need to be charged im yet to check that, but i think im better just getting a new one, thanks for the chart rev, good news is smaller plant is looking almost as green as my fresh soil seedlings already and black jack seems on the mend, as i get the ph down im sure theyll purk up

I've ordered a new ph ec meter but in the mean time my plants are looking much better and think the ph is getting closer to desired, Thanks for the refreshment ref i was actually shooting for 6.2-6.4 only from memory so glad i could be corrected, My cocco was rated 6.2-6.5ph and my water is i think 7.2 so i would have had it anywhere in between those ranges im guess with my flush..

Looking better now

Unfortunately my cupboard and fan is a great breeding ground for algae, something i didn't anticipate, So hurry up fruiting closet and finish so I can turn u into a veg chamber and fix these poor girls once and for all