using budwise on hermis

ark67

Probably because those of us who do get hermies, choose to pull em, or do it the old fashioned way... (hand picking)... If you have to use another product from start to finish to keep the male flowers from showing up and screwing your ladies, then you're in all likelihood using crap genetics, or something in your grow is so seriously wrong and stressful to the plants that your hermaphroditising them.

If you were half way through a large crop, and you just couldn't be stuffed sowing, picking out what you think are girls, and basically starting again... then maybe this could be a useful product. But as something to keep in the growroom? Nah, I don't think it'd be all that useful or worth the effort.

Never used it myself tho, I know of some who have used it in the circumstances I described before, and while it did the job it said it would... they ended up just using a different seed supply the next time and reviewed their grow. Next crop was fine. :)

Mate, i've got a similar problem and it's doing my head in. I got 6 plants going, growing at phenominal rate and health and bamm! Hermie balls appear and knock the wind out of my sails. I sprayed with 'BudWise' aerosol can as 2 hydro shops recomended it for me. It recomended that i reduce nutrients to 50% a day before spraying and 2 days afterwards. I skipped that as i was in a hurry and panic that they are going to be polinated. If this crop seeded i was doomed. Anyway, over the next 7 days i hadn't noticed any change in them. Interestinly, mine also had some weird flowers that had the white female pistils coming out, but also some yellow little male banana things in them. Wierd. But seven days later i noticed the other balls looking more definately male with shape and characteristics and so i sprayed again. This time i reduced nutriends on first day to 50%, and second day almost nothing but water. Now when i shake the plant balls drop to the plastic floor and i can hear them hit. Tomorrow when i wake up i will check to see their progress. I'm feeling optimistic. But i've been frustrated with the lack of information on this product or customer support as there is no contact phone number, email address or web site for info at all on the can so u can imagine i was concerned that it was dodgie. I couldn't find a single person on the net thats used it. Any way, good luck mate. Nothing worse than putting in all that effort and money to see them turn hermie. BTW mine turned that way because the room was too hot. Running 6x600 hps in a medium size room with low ceilings. BentBuddha

Well, it's the next morning and i've shaken the plants without balls falling off. Realize now that that wasn't such a good idea as any balls that may have opened up will throw their pollen everywhere. One thing i have noticed is that the newer and less mature balls just fall off when u touch them. The more formed and older balls seem keen to stick around so i spent a couple of hrs in the room pulling them off. Now at least i know if this happens again that i need to get in as early as possible and spray properly following the instructions as it mainly works on the young/small balls. Hope this info helps someone cos i couldn't find shit on the net.