Sick girls, please help

Hi Bella, thanks for linking the chart. Unfortunately my meter doesn't measure in ppm - just uS/cm. But it's all good because I just found out that 312 uS/cm converts to an mS/cm of about 0.3. That sounds right for tapwater doesn't it? Looks like I configured it OK after all! :doh:

So I'll wait a couple more days before I feed them again. I might give them a small watering just before I do to make sure the run-off is still at 5.8 PH. Now that I can measure EC and PH, I have a feeling this next feeding will be very successful. I'll keep you all updated and post more pics soon! :thumbsup:

Yeah, an EC of 0.3 for tap water sounds normal. My trunch only measures 0.4 and up so I don't know what my tap water EC is. It's nothing to be concerned about tho. During my last grow my tap water was reading 0.6! :blink:

I wouldn't bother with watering before you feed, just check your output. If it's not climbing you're fine.

I was feeding at 5.8 and my output would always come out lower. I was worried but soon learnt that it's nothing to worry about. You just don't want it climbing.

Sadly I've had to pull the plug on my grow, damn family dramas! :ack: But once I've moved I'll be getting straight back in to it. ^_^

Hey Bella! Sounds good...I'm thinking I'll give them another feed tomorrow night, the soil still looks pretty damp right now. Now that I can get the right PH/EC levels, I have a feeling it'll be a very successful feed! I've took another photo of them tonight in their natural habitat. As you can see, I have a 4th plant too which had the exact same burns as plant #2...and funnily enough both are turning out to be my biggest girls...especially plant #2 (bottom left), which is sky-rocketing in growth since the flush! Should I cut off the leaves with burns, or will they eventually heal up?

Sorry to hear about your family dramas. Most of my family and friends completely disapprove of MJ...and combine that with it being against the law and forcing us to resort to such stealthy measures, you can't help but feel isolated. And for what, just growing some freaking plants?? Getting off-topic now I know, but still...*sigh*. I know it's only inevitable until my mum finds out about what I'm doing. I am NOT looking forward to that conversation. :wallbash: As much as I hate the idea, I think that soon I'll have to cull 2 or 3 of the plants...I'm really just growing for my own personal use, and 1 or 2 plants will be much easier to hide come inspection time, or if somehow I got busted *knock on wood that never happens!!!* I'd be in less trouble. My idea is to just keep the biggest and strongest plants to give me enough yield to last some time.

Anyway, to get back on topic, do you think they'll just need a couple more weeks of vegging before I switch to flowering?

post-32833-0-64208000-1312800090_thumb.jpg

Over water/feeding in coco is a common mistake newcomers to coco tend to make. Before you water/feed again, make sure your coco is dry to about an inch down. Too wet a medium will give you no end of grief.

Don't cut anything. The leaves won't heal as such but they plants will be a lot happier and healthier if they are just left alone. Another problem new growers tend to have is that they mother or baby their plants too much. I've been there. You end up killing the plants with kindness. lol

You're growing in your mum's house without her knowing about it? :blink: Ooooooooo. That's not the wisest thing to do. Even if she doesn't know, she can still end up in the shit if gods forbid you got THAT knock at the door. :/

I wouldn't be the best person to ask about when you should flip, it tends to vary from person to person, and from grow to grow. Unless of course one has a set method they stick to. Another few weeks should give them enough time to recover from the stress of pH/EC probs, and grow a lil before flipping but it might pay to wait and see what others say. :)

All the best.

• Upvote 1

Ok sounds good, I'll just observe how well they grow for now and just make sure I'm watering/feeding them right in the meantime. One useful tool I got from Bunnings is this water probe that I just have to stick in the soil and it tells me if it's dry, wet or just right. I used it tonight and it's nearly back at dry level, so by tomorrow it should be ready for a feeding.

Haha nah I don't live with my mum, I just rent a house on my own. But she doesn't live too far away and tends to visit from time to time. Next time she visits and sees the big tent in my house, I'm either going to have to fess up, or just hide the plants and pretend it's a zip-up wardrobe or something. lol.

Ok well I fed them tonight, got the mix at PH 5.8 and EC level of about 1.4, gave plant #2 about 3-4 litres...PH run-off was a perfect 5.8, but the EC was at about 0.6. I threw more nutes into the mix and got it at about 2.4, figuring that would be enough to get the run-off into the low 1's...and then did the most incredibly stupid thing ever...dropped my meter into the mix. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

*Sigh* looks like it's died, and I just bought the damn thing too. I'm leaving it to dry and hoping by some miracle it starts working again...but I'm not holding my breath. I just divided the rest of the mix amongst my other 3 plants, and just hoping I've got the EC right. Well, at least I could still test the PH run-off, which was at 5.8-5.9 for the others. I guess we'll see how they go. I just hope plant #2 will still go ok with a lower EC.

Looks like I'm going back to the store this weekend. :ack:

Ok quick update - I actually got my EC meter kinda working again...it's a bit faded and is playing up a bit, but the measurements still seems accurate...just a little hard to read. :P

I watered plant #2 with a higher EC level until the run-off got to about 1.3 EC. Little worried I had to give it quite a few litres of mix, but as long as the PH and EC are coming out correct it should be OK, right? Guess we'll see what happens over the next couple of days now!

Geez Beardboy, reakon ya owe Bella a beer, top advice from her =) . Mate if ya leave ya meter on a piece of paper in a warm room, by morning the LCD screen connections will be dried out and it should operate a bit better. If it's got a battery cover open it, take the battery out so air can get to the circuit board.

Coco is a bit of a learning curve at first but once ya got it sussed it's a joy to grow in. Grow well. peace. gh72

Edited by Grasshopper72