seafood pancake chunks

ok here is a somewhat bizzare recipe ;) :P

it can be had sweet or savoury style ::):

Ingredients:

- le ocean frozen crab flavored seafood chunks (or some fresh from the deli, doesn't matter too much, it keeps for quite awhile in an air proof container)

- pancake shaker mix (in a bottle that you just add water to and shake)

- vegetable oil

- sugar &/or salt

1. ok go ahead & chuck about 1 cup of oil in a small saucepan

or more for a larger saucepan

2. while the oil is heating on low, make the pancake mixture as per directions on pack then pour it into a bowl or whatever.

3. stick the seafood chunks into the pancake mix and roll it round with a spoon till its all covered thickly, and drop these bits into the oil.

4. turn oil up to medium and cook for about 3 mins then turn em

5. cook for another 2 mins on other side then turn oil off

6. place paper towels into a bowl & take some of the seafood pancake chunks onto paper towels, leave sit for 5 mins at least to cool down then pad lightly over with paper towels to remove any excess oil.

7. in this step you can eiher make them sweet by sprinkling over the top with preferrably icing sugar or savoury by sprinkling with salt.

8. ENJOY! and dont eat too many unless you want to wake up with indigestion the next morning like a certain someone :D

i would have used prawns but they were too fucking expensive at the supermarket, the regular market was closed. wollies/safeway & coles are such a rip off, home come the regular markets can sell stuff cheap and still make a profit and bloody coles etc have to mark everything up by %20 and try and so 'oh its the drought making everything expensive'

fucking bullshit, its greedy fuking corporations that are the reason why everything is so expensive. :end rant: :D

I know a guy who knows a guy with a fishing boat. Whenever they fish over their legal quota they offload the excess prawns for cash for $5/kilo or something. The guy I know just buys a shitload and invites everyone over, we all eat as much as we can and when we leave he gives everyone some to take home. but, because I've just gorged myself silly with them I don't feel like them for another few days and more often than not they get thrown out. Even the guy who buys them ends up throwing some out. I don't know why he always buys so much, guess he can't resist a bargain! ::D:

You should inform your friend who knows the fisherman that there won't be any prawns left to catch if the fisherman keeps that up.
And if he does get caught by fisheries, he will cop a pretty nice size fine too.

Hey dude.......that recipe man, um.......I'd be too scared too cook it, I'd probably give myself food poisoning ::D: I'd probably try it with fresh stuff.......maybe :o

You should inform your friend who knows the fisherman that there won't be any prawns left to catch if the fisherman keeps that up.
And if he does get caught by fisheries, he will cop a pretty nice size fine too.

yeah at least. I know a dude who went bankrupt and got himself and his wife sent to jail for being involved in the overfishing of abalone off Tasmania. Taz probably remembers the case, it was a pretty big news story at the time. Maybe a year or two ago.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.