General state of maturity?

Hi guys.

Im sorry to start up another thread but I have a question and didn't want to clutter the other one with lots of questions unrelated to the original topic.

(Ill jump over shortly and edit this question out of the other thread)

I would really appreciate some advice on the general state of maturity of this plant and when it should be PK'd and flushing started.,

She's in week 8 since the flip and Trichs are mostly clear with some cloudy, couldn't find any ambers but I dont have a very good magnifying lens.

She had a 3hr light leak a week ago and just last night a fluro was left on over night so they are being left on until the usual time.. yeah I know, it was dumb and it sucks but such is the life of a newbie. keep on truckn and all that.

Shes got lots of fox tails going now and her smell has dropped right down :( going to hit her with some Bloom Ooze next week, hopefully help with that

Its a C99 x ?Sativa? so the flower period could be anywhere from 8-13 weeks and with all the grief shes been given and the new flush of fox tails new growths happening on the buds I really cant figure out how mature she is and when to start PK'ing or the flush cycle?

I'd really, REALLY appreciate some advice on that one.,

Here are a few pics that were taken yesterday but no close ups,

Under the HPS the buds look far less orange over all, but under the fluro I was surprised to see they looks nearly 50%+ orange!

post-44716-0-61675300-1311041662_thumb.jpg post-44716-0-91921400-1311041716_thumb.jpg post-44716-0-49889500-1311041745_thumb.jpg

post-44716-0-89741000-1311041783_thumb.jpg post-44716-0-18178100-1311041820_thumb.jpg post-44716-0-51388900-1311041868_thumb.jpg

post-44716-0-12282400-1311041895_thumb.jpg post-44716-0-35959700-1311041918_thumb.jpg post-44716-0-99814100-1311041967_thumb.jpg

Edited by plastik

hey plastik :peace: , mate that sure is a full-on sativa, looks a bloody ripper too ..

PK 13/14 is usually used about 5 weeks before harvest,

and flushing can begin anywhere up to 10 days before harvest as that usually clears any nutrient residue, its a bit of a personnel thing as some folk only flush for as little as 4 days, and up to two wks before harvest

so probably suit yourself on that one, like i do about 7 days but ive done less too and cant tell any real difference in the end product, depends on how salted-up your medium is i suppose

you can measure the waste water from flushing for PPM/EC levels to see whats coming out of the pots, gives you a bit of an idea of how much residual nutrients in the medium

you doing a great job with that one well done :applause:

:peace:

Edit: yea, i reckon another 3-4 weeks for sure

Do you mean 8 weeks from the switch to 12/12 or 8 weeks till the plant started showing sex? Usually it takes anywhere from 10 days to 17 days for the plant to show sex and start to flower, looking at your plants I would cut it back to about 6 weeks into agressive flower, being a somewhat sativa dom plant I would say you got at least another 6 weeks to go, the plant has alot of hairs and is still packing on bud weight, I would aggressively feed it till about week 10 into flower then gradually cut back on nutes till about 10 days from the day you want to chop. That plant has a ton of growing and to do and plenty of bud to pack on, if you are patient I think you will be very happy with those girls. CHEERS.

hey plastik :peace: , mate that sure is a full-on sativa, looks a bloody ripper too ..

PK 13/14 is usually used about 5 weeks before harvest,

and flushing can begin anywhere up to 10 days before harvest as that usually clears any nutrient residue, its a bit of a personnel thing as some folk only flush for as little as 4 days, and up to two wks before harvest

so probably suit yourself on that one, like i do about 7 days but ive done less too and cant tell any real difference in the end product, depends on how salted-up your medium is i suppose

you can measure the waste water from flushing for PPM/EC levels to see whats coming out of the pots, gives you a bit of an idea of how much residual nutrients in the medium

you doing a great job with that one well done :applause:

:peace:

Edit: yea, i reckon another 3-4 weeks for sure

HEY FRAZZ

IVE HEARD OF USING THE PK13/14 BUT WHAT EXACTLY DOSE IT DO FOR THE PLANT, CAN THE PLANT SURVIVE AND STILL BE HEALTH WITHOUT IT JUST USING BLOOM SOLOUTION ALSO WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOUR EC LEVELS HOW IMPORTANT IS THAT. SORRY FOR THE NEWBIE QUESTIONS WOULD LOVE TO LEARN CHEERS

Hi guys.

Just an update.

The light cycle stuff ups really threw a spanner in the works and it took a good 2 weeks before she took off again, throwing new bud sites on top of the old ones all over the buds, foxtailing everywhere and then she started spitting out bananas all over the shop

Near the end I was pulling off maybe 30 a day, could have been more if I looked harder., then what looked like powdery mildew started (although could have been perlite dust in hindsight, lol.but there was that 'peppery' smell too so I wasnt going to mess around)

So between an anxiety attack from personal issues, all the nannas, the PM, the heat picking up and no end in sight, or at least (another 3 weeks) I chopped her a few days ago, (just on 12 weeks)

Of course now Im all like, shit I could have at least waited another week or so but you know how it is.

There is still about 1/5 of the plant left to mature up a bit more, basically just cut back to where the nannas stopped.

Buds are very airy and really, just big piles of foxtails, real shame considering how tight they started off,.

But, with summer on the way I just needed to get the room cleaned up and some faster flowering plants in there, especially considering Im not a huge fan of the sativas anyway.

All up I reckon itll be about 4-5 oz when dry.

It was a first shot and a learning exercise so, Im not unhappy.

@420saleonnow. PK 13-14 is a bloom booster made by Canna, search for it on Google, there will be lots of threads discussing its use. I found it very helpful,.

In laymans terms the EC is the concentration of ferts/supps/salts in the solution being tested.