How much water is enough

Hey all, preparing my site for this year. Everythings nearly set up. Got 10 x 60L bins and mixed coco peat (soil which expands when water hits it). Theres a river near by but its like 50 metres away. My problem is trying to carry 30L of water up and down and people might hear my footsteps. Should I a) get a petrol water pump which im not sure but i think it would be noisy as hell which some one might here or (B) can each plant survive with 10L of water per week in the 60L bin and im hoping this babies get around 4 metres tall and produce plenty of good heads.

Chhers syco

I bought 4 x 25L water drums. Was gona also buy a big ass 210L water drum and fill it up incase it didnt rain for 2 weeks or so and if the river dried up I could keep the plants surviving off it till it rained again. I was short off cash so I didnt go for it. I bought some of those hyrdrating crystals mixed it with the coco peat. Gives me a longer time not to water. Also i thought that when the plants are in veg for the first few months they still want be that big and ill mostly need water near the flowering period and last season it was raining like a bitch near December - March. So by then hopefully the river want be dried out. I was reading some thing about jorge cervantes friends grow and he was talking about watering. Im trying to grow smart this time. Be efficient and productive. AKA grow less but more love and be smart. Also i know its not the most stealthiest place i could have chose but I dont have my own car and I cant be gone for to long. I got to much heat from my parents on the issue so im laying low and since the spot is close by from my house i can always go. My plan is to water it at night so i can sneak in water if it gets to that. CHEERS ANYWAYS SYCO. I just wanted to know if any one new how much water these beauties really need on a scientific basis. Not just watering and hoping its got enough or praying it hasnt been over watered. I also bought a trolley so when i fill the drums up with water chuck em onthe trolley and push it so that way its less strain on my back and more effiecient and less noisy.

mate all ya can do is wait and see. You will know if u need water more as the ground will be dried up..... Did u see my post? I am sure others with outdoor plants can tell ya. When they are big they drink big. Atleast u got some now and can add some in the future. Buy a moisture meter for the soil.

Sorry mate I just re read ya question and u say u want them 4meters tall and wanna know will the survive on 10l each a week. No, I doubt they will even survive let alone produce much. Once again, re read my first answer. 10l isn't much at all, but I guess in saying that if it rains a lot you may be Ok... The sun will evaporate a lot of water from the ground over a week too.....

Ol TBR should able to help heaps as his grow is a few months ahead of yours . So keep an eye on his diary.

Another comparison for ya, my 30cm plants, in veg, indoors, 4 weeks old, are drinking over 1 liter a day, everyday and they are in an 8l pot. I feed 2l a day and get a little run off... Maybe 300ml.

I get what your sayin I mean I can collect 200l every time I go but just depends if the river is full or not I'll look out for your post and I need to pump around 5m high from where the river is to the pots and around 25m distance. But if I Gita break my back to water these babies than that's what I'll do. Gina make a grow diary of it. I got this idea cause my mate an I did a grow last year and we had a patch of 20 plants in sandy soil watered 1 or 2 times a week and they grew 4m tall. Just thought it would be much more efficient in a pot but I understand the roots absorb water from the ground. But my mate said the roots in the sandy soil weren't even that long and they still grew huge. I'll let use no what happens though and thanks for the feedback