The Bonsai Hero Trimmer

Hey all :thumbsup:

This contraption has caught my eye lately and got me wondering if its any good. Ive googled a few times in the last weeks and havent been able too find many decent reviews on it. The info out there seems a little scant :whistle:

There are a couple of vids on youtube from which I'm surmising that theyre fairy handy for larger , longer buds which does make it tempting and Im already use a spinpro type trimmer for smaller and rounder shaped buds which does a great job.

So anyone taken the plunge on these yet?

Give us the pros, cons, cercumstances where you would and wouldn't use them...

Do they suit certain types and shapes of buds better than others?

Will they work off 12v ? (be handy for the bush)

Do they gum up?

Durability?

Can you sharpen the blades?

and the rest...

Thanks TBR

:peace:

Edited by TheTreeBoundRat
  • Upvote 2

Hi TBR.

I have got a Bonsaihero Trimmer and I think it is a brilliant. :applause::applause: I can trim my buds really fast but still get a nice close trim like with scissors, while leaving my buds on the branch for drying (which I prefer). I have had it for nearly 3 years and never had any problems.

Cleaning is a breeze, every hour or so, I stop, give the blades a scrap off with a blade (this bit of sticky residue is so nice to smoke I look forward to trimming just so I can have some of it - straight not dried, it`s knock your head of stuff - even for me :yahoo:) then I dip the blades in a cleaning solution while I go and get my next lot of buds to trim. By then, the blades only need a wipe with a scouring pad to remove any stubborn stains and you are back to original condition and ready to go again.

post-15305-0-33938300-1309133187_thumb.jpg post-15305-0-35077600-1309133181_thumb.jpg

Heres some buds I trimmed with my Bonsaihero.

There`s a site in Australia selling them www.bonsaihero.com.au and I have seen them on Ebay, but other than that they seem pretty hard to find.

Hey all :thumbsup:

This contraption has caught my eye lately and got me wondering if its any good. Ive googled a few times in the last weeks and havent been able too find many decent reviews on it. The info out there seems a little scant :whistle:

There are a couple of vids on youtube from which I'm surmising that theyre fairy handy for larger , longer buds which does make it tempting and Im already use a spinpro type trimmer for smaller and rounder shaped buds which does a great job.

So anyone taken the plunge on these yet?

Give us the pros, cons, cercumstances where you would and wouldn't use them...

Do they suit certain types and shapes of buds better than others?

Will they work off 12v ? (be handy for the bush)

Do they gum up?

Durability?

Can you sharpen the blades?

and the rest...

Thanks TBR

:peace:

Thanks very much for your interest TreeBoundRat. I won`t make a habit of this but since you have asked, I will take this opportunity to let people know about my products in a bit of detail so you can all see what they are about, and answer your questions, as well as any other questions that people may have.

I sell the Australian version of the Bonsai Hero and Testarossa Electric Trimmers from my website at https://www.bonsaihero.com.au

PRESENTLY 10% DISCOUNT FOR OZSTONERS MEMBERS - USE THE CODE - ozstoners

post-44134-0-88722000-1309153896_thumb.jpg This is the Bonsai Hero Electric Trimmer

This is our top model and comes in a single or twin trimmer set. It cuts up to 12 times per second and is built to last up to 5000 hours of use. It is made of top quality european materials.

It is light weight, with the scissors weighing just a few hundred grams and the whole unit, case included weighing approx 3 kilos. This makes the unit very portable and easy to pack away when not in use.

It is super quiet, just a small clicking of the blades as they pass each other.

Cleaning is very easy, just takes a matter of minutes. You can see photos of the process here https://www.bonsaihero.com.au/Manual.pdf

This model can also run from a 12Volt battery - just connect the red and black plugs to the terminals on your battery and away you go - guerilla style.

You can piggy back 4 or more sets of scissors from the one power supply (spare scissors are available to purchase so you can upgrade your unit at any time). Heres a twin trimmer set up ready to go. post-44134-0-88822900-1309155304_thumb.jpg

No they don`t gum up, just scrape any plant residue off with a blade, and as RecklessRecluse said in his post, smoke the sweetness.

After very prolonged use, literally thousands of hours if ever, your blades may need sharpening. We provide a service to do this for you for free, just send back the blades and we will take care of everything for you.

These units are durable but also come with a 1 year warranty. If you follow the easy cleaning and maintenance as outline in the user manual, you will have an awesome set of trimmers for years to come.

post-44134-0-56704900-1309154231_thumb.jpg This is a closer view of the cutting blade.

The small blade in the middle swings backwards and forwards very quickly making a cut each time.

post-44134-0-54630400-1309156653_thumb.jpgpost-44134-0-53530800-1309156677_thumb.jpg This is the Testarossa Electric Trimmer.

It is our affordable alternative to the Bonsai Hero and also comes in a twin trimmer set.

It works along the same principle as the BonsaiHero with a slightly smaller swinging blade whichcuts up to 9 times per second. The Testarossa is built to last up to 1000 hours of use, and is also lightweight, quiet and portable. It also has our 1 year warranty.

You can`t run this model on a 12 Volt battery and cannot expand upon them, but they are still a great little trimmer.

Both the BonsaiHero and the Testarossa come with an Australian Power supply and carry case included, and delivery is free to Australia.

I will displaying these trimmers at next years Nimbin Mardi Gras if anyone is interested in dropping by to say hello and see a demonstation. Between now and then, I am always available and happy to answer any questions you may have, and all feedback is welcomed.

BonsaiHero

After ZERO support from the cannabis community, I am making one final attempt to get these trimmers out into the market place so people can see how great they work and what a useful tool they can be.

For a limited time they will be available at close to cost price.

So if you have been thinking of purchasing one of our products, now is the time. Our prices are now the World`s Cheapest.

Write a review and support a product that supports your site.

• Downvote 1

Hey Kev, sorry you're not getting much support from the community. I can't help but think that is probably because the overwhelming majority of us do not grow commercial quantities, and as such don't need your product. It's a shame really cause it looks a handy product, and I'd love to have that much cannabis to need to use them. Anyway thanks for supporting the cannabis community, and I hope your luck improves.

Naycha :peace:

Hey Kev, sorry you're not getting much support from the community. I can't help but think that is probably because the overwhelming majority of us do not grow commercial quantities, and as such don't need your product. It's a shame really cause it looks a handy product, and I'd love to have that much cannabis to need to use them. Anyway thanks for supporting the cannabis community, and I hope your luck improves.

Naycha :peace:

Thanks for your post Naycha.

I guess that might be where I went wrong, as I didnt bring these clippers into Australia for commercial growers, I brought them here for the average grower. Commercail growers will probably spend the thousands needed for the big industrial machines that will automatically trim their crop for them, but I thought my products were in the price bracket of the average home grower who in the past has probably had to pay BIG BUCKS for their personal smoke and might have been able to justify a once off outlay on something that would save them time and effort and maybe even money in the long run.

I was aiming to sell to the connassier (which is why I advertise on this site) who doesn`t want to pull their buds of the branches and bash them about in some tumbletrimmer, but would rather trim with scissors the old school way, but is tired of the hours of trimming with manual scissors.

They'd be a useful tool for folks like me with arthritis. Unfortunately, on a small retirement income, even at a discount, they are outside what I could pay for clippers.

Hi Lou Lou, yes I too thought they would be useful for those with ailments that make it hard to trim with a pair of scissors but budget is an issue for people, I understand.